Staff Pharmacist - Retail/LTC
Company: 986 Specialty Pharmacy
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Position Summary: *
986 Specialty Pharmacy is an independent specialty pharmacy. We are
seeking for an immediate hiring position for a Staff Pharmacist who
has background and experience in retail and/or LTC pharmacy.
As a Pharmacist for our Pharmacy, you will have the ability to
provide exceptional customer service to patients and healthcare
professionals while providing leadership and guidance to supporting
Our Pharmacists ensure the accurate delivery of pharmaceutical care
services, which include drug therapy monitoring, patient education,
drug information and chronic disease state management for our
* Retail/LTC combo pharmacy experience, highly desired
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with coworkers and professional staff.
* Ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative
importance of job responsibilities.
* Ability to work independently and follow-through on assignments
with minimal supervision.
* Ability to effectively communicate orally on a one-to-one basis
using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information,
explain policies and procedures, and to persuade others to adopt a
specific opinion or action.
* Knowledge of and ability to perform age specific and disease
specific pharmacokinetic calculations.
* Knowledge of Specialty drugs and disease states
* Ability to evaluate and resolve staffing needs.
* Knowledge of state and federal regulations relating to the
practice of pharmacy.
* Ability to review and assess the appropriateness of prescriptions
with respect to age specific, disease state specific
* Ability to lead the team and manage the workload efficiently
* Current experience in an outpatient pharmacy setting,
* Ability to perform all tasks in an outpatient and specialty
* Ability to help the Pharmacy Supervisor lead the team, set
* Ability to engage with the patients, promote adherence and treat
them with empathy and compassion.
_The following criteria are a must: _
- Be licensed and in good standing with the NV State Board of
- Pre-employment background check & drug screening
- Excellent Computer skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions in a fast-paced
environment, and meet deadlines
_The following criteria are a plus: _
- Knowledge of DigitalRx pharmacy software
- Experience with Long Term Care (Group Homes, Boarding Homes,
Skilled Nursing Facilities)
- Bilingual in Spanish, Chinese, or Tagalog
Medical/Prescription insurance for employee only, 401K, Sick pay,
Vacation pay, Holiday Pay for those who meets the company
Store hours: Mon - Fri: 9am-6pm, Sat: 9am-2pm, Sun Closed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive wage based on experienced
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55.00 - $58.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: 986 Specialty Pharmacy, Las Vegas , Staff Pharmacist - Retail/LTC, Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!