Dean of Nursing, Academic Affairs - Las Vegas NV Campus
Company: Adtalem Global Education
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job ID 2018-100149Institution Chamberlain College of NursingDepartment AcademicsEmployement Type Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status ExemptOpportunity at a Glance
Empowering. Influential. Inspiring. Passionate....these are the leadership traits that our future Dean, Academic Affairs will hold. Bring forward these traits along with your strong academic nursing experience to play a lead role in our BSN program based in Las Vegas.
You will engage, guide & lead the management, delivery and continuity of our academic nursing program. You will shape & mentor a collaborative team, which could include Nursing Faculty, an Academic Success team, Skills Lab & Clinical Coordinators. Ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered to meet the college's objectives.
Our customized unique Care-Student Success model helps us achieve our mission to provide the best student experience possible. Help lead the path to assure our Las Vegas students are provided support services required to maintain the highest levels of student achievement and retention without compromising the integrity of the educational process.
- Chair the implementation of the institution's philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes and course objectives through classroom, clinical teaching and service to the College and nursing community.
- Orchestrate leadership & encouragement to nursing faculty including determining and assigning appropriate faculty workloads.
- Advise in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified nursing faculty.
- Demonstrate leadership to the Academic Operations staff.
- Collaborate with academic committees to ensure that appropriate goals and projects are implemented.
- Be an Advocate for student success including, student persistence, graduation rates, first time NCLEX-RN pass rates and student satisfaction and is accountable for the development of action plans to meet and maintain Chamberlain University's standards.
- Partner in the development of annual budgets for both academic and academic operations areas.
- Serve as resource, mentor and policy interpreter for academic leaders, faculty, and students.
- Initiate leadership in the development and maintenance of new programs and/or program expansion.
- Positively represent Chamberlain University to professional groups, organizations and the community at large, as well as, to the organization.
- Empower a positive environment for our faculty, staff and students by modeling a care-based attitude.
- Master's degree in nursing required; Doctorate degree preferred.
- Current unencumbered licensure as an RN or a multi-state privilege to practice nursing in the Commonwealth/State.
- Five years full time experience in nursing education required with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict resolution and computer skills.
- Ability to lead, direct and advise both faculty and students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- A high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential issues.
- Strength to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Who We Are
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Chamberlain University, DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit . PI104371596
Keywords: Adtalem Global Education, Las Vegas , Dean of Nursing, Academic Affairs - Las Vegas NV Campus, Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!