2nd Shift Pharmacy Technician - Las Vegas, NV
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.------You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people.-- We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this.-- And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies,--Employer--is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives.-- We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.--This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas:--Optum--- a growing part of our family of companies that make--Employer--a Fortune 6 leader.--Optum--helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.--The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at--OptumRx, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you'll be part of the--Employer--family of companies where you'll have some of the best training and tools in the world. As a--Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life - saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. This may include processing, packing and shipping outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included. May also perform drug / supply ordering and inventory/warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust / calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units. You may be required to create order, access, input and retrieve prescription and medical / lab information from computer system. Pharmacists monitor and verify all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing.--Primary Responsibilities: Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information Working the automated line for order put away--and--replenishing medication Manually picking and putting together and labelling medication-- Moderate work experience within own function Some work is completed without established procedures Basic tasks are completed without review by others Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
- High School Diploma / GED or equivalent work experience
- State of NV Pharmacy Tech License (PhT)
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work Sunday - Thursday from 1:30 pm - 10:00 pm and availability to work overtime as business needsPreferred Qualifications:
- CPhT - National Pharmacy Tech Certification
- Pharmacy / prescription experienceOptumRx--is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.--If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance.-- Join us and start doing--your life's best work.--Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Employer is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employer--is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.--Keywords: Pharmacy Technician, fulfillment, warehouse, filling, picking
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Las Vegas , 2nd Shift Pharmacy Technician - Las Vegas, NV, Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!