Transitional Rehab RN-Full Time
Company: Boulder City Hospital
Location: Boulder City
Posted on: December 9, 2018
The Acute Rehab Registered Nurse executes comprehensive nursing care activities and provides nursing staff leadership. He/she assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities, and evaluates the patient's response to treatment. He/she manages activities within the therapeutic milieu and directs the delivery of nursing care by other members of the nursing treatment team.
Ability to lift, walk, carry and stand. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are represented of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes position responsibilities following established guidelines & protocols within the appropriate time frame.
- Completes work within an acceptable time frame.
- Demonstrates the ability to set priorities and optimally uses work time.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness in job tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform work in an accurate and timely manner in periods of increased workload and high stress.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
- Follows established procedure in performing job functions.
- Exhibits willingness to master new skills.
- Consults supervisor for additional assignments or independently assumes responsibility for unassigned tasks.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities as needed to continually improve their department's performance.
- Regularly and routinely provides suggestions to customers, suppliers, and teams working on processes to identify innovations and ideas for improvement.
- Regularly collects data to provide input and/or feedback to appropriate customers/suppliers (i.e., teams, supervisors, co-workers, vendors, nursing agencies) to improve work.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the job by seeking guidance and direction as necessary for optimum performance of daily assigned duties.
- Employee continually strives to make productive use of time through careful coordination of daily tasks, setting priorities, and reducing non-essential interruptions in order to complete the job during the allocated time.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Demonstrates good skills in all forms of communication. Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Accepts and acts upon constructive criticism.
- Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrates initiative and enthusiasm in performing job duties.
- Willingness to adjust personal schedule in case of workload fluctuations or other departmental needs.
- Channels concerns appropriately.
- Fosters sense of teamwork and collaboration within the department and Hospital.
- Provides input, suggestions, and support appropriately.
- Maintains composure and professionalism during difficult situations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices, emergency procedures, and personal protective equipment.
- Uses protective equipment appropriately, as prescribed by policy.
- Knowledgeable in, and follows department policies as prescribed.
- An active participant in department meetings, providing positive suggestions and input.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing professional development.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates bladder and bowel training programs and patient's response.
- Demonstrates ability to perform complex tasks such as phlebotomy, IV insertion/maintenance, and central line maintenance.
- Carries out rehabilitation specific procedures utilizing therapeutic techniques for transfers, ADLs, feeding and communication, etc.
- Documents continuous assessment, interventions and evaluations relative to patient progress.
- Assists in emergency care if necessary.
- Utilizes universal precautions at all times to prevent spread of infection. Uses good hand hygiene.
- Evaluates patients for fall risk and implements treatment plan as needed.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans and updates daily.
- Exercises competence in the effective and safe use of all equipment.
- Assures that Lab, x-rays, etc. are completed and notifies attending physician of abnormal results.
- Assures that Patient Rights are upheld. Ensures patient dignity and respects patient values.
- Check, pour, administer and chart medications at appropriate times, monitor effects and side effects. Educates patients on medications and new medications. Follows hospital policy on medication administration and control substances.
- Pursuit of thirty (30) contact hours of continuous education as required by the State of Nevada for re-licensure.
- Completes CQI + +timely and accurate submission of CQI+ outcome data on a weekly basis including responsiveness to weekly feedback.
- Educates patients/significant other/family in disease process and documentation of all patient/significant other/family education.
- Plan assignments for staff based on skill levels. Informs staff of patients needs in daily huddle and as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Two (2) years of experience in a health care delivery system is required, including experience working with Rehab patients.
- Current Licensure by the Nevada State Board of Nursing.
- Current CPR (basic life support) Certification.
Keywords: Boulder City Hospital, Las Vegas , Transitional Rehab RN-Full Time, Healthcare , Boulder City, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!