Manager of Nursing
Company: St Rose Dominican - Siena
Posted on: March 18, 2019
As the community's only not-for-profit, faith-based health care system; Dignity Health Nevada has been guided by the vision and core values of the Adrian Dominican Sisters for more than 70 years. As the Henderson and Las Vegas communities grow, Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican facilities and its more than 3,400 employees will continue the Sisters' mission of serving people in need. St. Rose Dominican is a member Dignity Health, one of the nation's largest health care systems, a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 60,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook .
The Siena Emergency Department is a 29 bed ED with 8 beds designated to pediatric emergency care with board certified pediatric doctors. We are a Level III trauma center, a pediatric designated facility as well as a stroke designated facility. We have an ED clinical educator to keep staff up to date with the science of emergency care, like hypothermia treatment status post cardiac arrest. We see nearly 60,000 patients a year and have just recently opened (open in November) an eight bed rapid treatment area.
Manages the resources and daily activities of a nursing department while ensuring environmental factors support high standards of patient care. Assists in the training and development of new and existing staff members. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to learning transfer. Coordinates the activities of the unit for each shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the nursing staff. Provides patient care as needed.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Schedules nursing staff to specific shifts, taking into account past utilization trends. Measures employee performance. Assists in the training of new staff members and the development of existing staff members.
- Coordinates the activities of the unit during a particular shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the nursing staff.
- Assesses, monitors, and educates the nursing staff on patient care. Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
- Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed basis.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or equivalent education and experience. Magnet Hospital: BSN required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience and one (1) year of leadership experience.
- Registered Nursing License (RN) in state of practice, Basic Life Support (BLS), other credentials or credential modules may be required.
Keywords: St Rose Dominican - Siena, Las Vegas , Manager of Nursing, Healthcare , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!