Company: St Rose Dominican - San Martin
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: April 18, 2019
As the community's only not-for-profit, faith-based health care
system; Dignity Health Nevada has been guided by the vision and
core values of the Adrian Dominican Sisters for more than 70 years.
As the Henderson and Las Vegas communities grow, Dignity Health-St.
Rose Dominican facilities and its more than 3,400 employees will
continue the Sisters' mission of serving people in need. St. Rose
Dominican is a member Dignity Health, one of the nation's largest
health care systems, a 22-state network of more than 9,000
physicians, 60,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including
hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery
centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in
San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing
compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care
with special attention to the poor and underserved. You can also
follow us on Twitter and Facebook .
Surgery provides inpatient and outpatient care to patients
undergoing a surgical procedure. Surgical specialties include
general/gynecological/urology, robotics, colorectal,
orthopedic/spine/neurology, cardiovascular/thoracic, pediatric
urology, ear, nose and throat procedures, and podiatry. 6 operating
rooms are available from 0700 to 1530 five days per week for normal
scheduling. 3 operating rooms are available for procedures
scheduled from 1530 to 1900. There are two on-call teams after
normal business hours, weekends, and holidays. There is a General
call team and a Heart call team.
The OR Registered Nurse provides perioperative care for patients
undergoing surgical procedures.
* The registered nurse employs critical thinking to integrate
objective data with knowledge gained from an assessment of the
subjective experiences of patients.
* Registered nurses use this critical thinking process to apply the
best available evidence and research data to the processes of
diagnosis and treatment.
* N urses continually evaluate quality and effectiveness of nursing
practice and seek to optimize outcomes.
* Medical/clinical knowledge, technical and clinical skills,
clinical judgment, interpersonal skills and communication as
indicated in the current Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for
Hospitals are essential components of nursing practice.
* This position is represented by CNA and is covered by the terms
and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining
* One (1) year of general operating room experience as an RN or
hospital approved peri-operative course.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Ability to work in a high stress environment.
* RN - Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of
* CT CPRBLS - Basic Life Support - AHA
* CT CPRACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support - AHA
* CT CPRPALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support - AHA
* Two (2) years OR experience.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
* Computer skills desired.
* CNOR Certification.
Keywords: St Rose Dominican - San Martin, Las Vegas , RN Cardiovascular, Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!