Trauma Surgical ICU Nurse
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a Trauma Surgical ICU RN for our center to ensure
that we continue to provide all patients with high quality,
efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support
each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels
patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply
Position: RN CC - Trauma Surgical ICU - Full Time Nights
The Trauma Surgical ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically
ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures
and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. We offer you an excellent total compensation
package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase
program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital and
Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare
in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility,
Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to
the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been
selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive
years and had earned the American Stroke Associations Get With The
Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are
also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
- Current licensure in Nevada as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Certifications Required: ACLS, BCLS, NIHSS. Preferred:
- Passing score on Critical Care Test/ Rhythm interpretation
- Minimum (two) years of current ICU experience.
- Current knowledge and skills appropriate to the age/type of
patient population served.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner appropriate
to the developmental stage of the patient.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
walking, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of
patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds and exposure to patient
elements and handling of emergencies and critical patient
Keywords: HCA., Las Vegas , Trauma Surgical ICU Nurse, Healthcare , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!