Remote Environmental Driver Specialist III - SPak Retail CDL B
Company: Harsco Corporation
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Environmental Solutions is a leading provider of environmental and
regulated waste management solutions. We provide a strengthened
infrastructure and a broad portfolio of services for customers who
generate regulated waste in virtually any industry. Customers
receive innovative and sustainable solutions that safeguard the
environment, protect people and keep their organizations
The ES III works on-site at various retail stores and perform two
functions, applying all applicable federal and state laws and DOT,
EPA and DEA regulations: 1) Characterize segregate, package and
document various types of retail hazardous waste and 2)
Characterize, segregate, package, and document various types of
pharmaceutical waste. This position is also responsible for the
preparation of all appropriate and required documentation to meet
State, EPA, DOT and EPA regulations.
- Travel between customer retail facilities, through assigned
- Provide services related to managing retail hazardous waste and
pharmaceutical waste as well as characterizing hazardous,
regulated, and non-hazardous waste.
- Properly process lab packs and prepare manifests and LDR's for
hazardous waste shipment (according to State, EPA & DOT
- Maintain / manage own expenses and travel schedule to ensure
customers are serviced on a regular and timely basis. Manage route
to maintain compliance with 10 day transfer schedules.
- Provide training and support for customers on processes,
findings and regulatory compliance.
- Provides written and verbal reports to customer and
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Contact with all levels of Customers on a daily basis. Regular
contact with many different levels of personnel.
This position works completely independently and provides technical
and work direction to lower level team members.
On-site waste characterization, packing and generation of all
required documents, and driving a truck required.
This position will be based in Las Vegas, NV tied to the Pomona, CA
Education and Experience Required:
- Education equivalent to Associate's Degree in chemistry/biology
or a minimum of four years of industry experience is required.
Chemistry experience is a plus.
- Four or more years of waste characterization and sorting
hazardous waste required.
- CDL Class B required as well as Hazmat endorsement (HazWoper)
is also require for transporting waste.
- TWIC endorsement and DEA certification required.
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of RCRA and DOT Regulations as
it relates to waste characterization and the transportation of
- Demonstrates the ability to properly placard vehicle, label
waste for transport and complete shipping paperwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and understand customer
needs; takes appropriate actions to ensure customer needs are met
and proactively searches ways to increase customer
- Must be able to work efficiently and independently.
Demonstrates ability to manage own time and schedule to get work
accomplished and meet customer needs. Identify specific activities
required to accomplish objectives, rank them in order of importance
and coordinate and take action to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrates the ability to persist with a specific course of
action. Must be willing to commit the necessary time and effort to
complete work assignments and do a quality job.
- Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a
clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; listen to others
to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and ability to
review work for accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to create and maintain a high level of
professionalism, confidence and accountability with customers.
- Demonstrates the highest level of Company ethics and values at
- Demonstrates the ability to promote Company services and values
in a positive, professional manner at all times.
Working Conditions And Physical Requirements
The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities
occur inside and outside. The worker is subject to hazards.
Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to
moving vehicles, electrical current, and exposure to chemicals. Use
of company-provided personal protective equipment is required.
- Balancing - ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body
- Climbing - occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs,
ramps and the like using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body
agility is emphasized
- Crouching - occasionally bend the body down-ward and forward by
bending leg and spine
- Fingering - frequently type with the fingers, and/or separate
pages of documents, etc,
- Grasping - constantly apply pressure to an object with the
fingers and palm
- Hearing - constantly perceiving the nature of sounds at normal
speaking levels with or without correction
- Kneeling - constantly bend legs at knee to come to a rest on
knee or knees
- Lifting - frequently raise objects from a lower to a higher
position or moving objects horizontally from
- Pulling - frequently use upper extremities to exert force in
order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion
- Pushing - frequently use upper extremities to press against
something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or
- Reaching - frequently extend hand (s) and arm (s) in any
- Repetitive motion - occasional substantial movements (motions)
of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Seeing - constantly use visual acuity to determine the
accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make
- Sitting - occasionally sit for sustained periods of time
- Standing - occasionally stand for sustained periods of
- Stooping - occasionally bend body downward and forward by
bending spine at the waist
- Talking - frequently expressing or exchanging ideas by means of
the spoken word
- Walking - constantly move about on foot to accomplish
- Visual acuity - Must have close visual acuity to perform
activities such as, preparing and analyzing data and figures,
viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, filing papers,
operating a vehicle, etc.
- Position requires extensive lifting, walking, bending, and
pushing. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and push/ or pull
carts weighing up to 500 pounds.
- Must be able to travel a significant amount of time within
geographic assignment which may include overnight trips. Frequency
and duration will vary.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
ESOL offers salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent
benefit package with a 401(k) with company matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation,
citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Harsco Corporation, Las Vegas , Remote Environmental Driver Specialist III - SPak Retail CDL B, Hospitality & Tourism , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!