Prep Cook (P.M.) - Tao Bistro
Company: Tao Group Hospitality
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Summary: Ensure quality, consistency and
production of all food items. Interacts with fellow employees, and
supervisors in a polite and courteous and to ensure gracious
hospitality.Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the
Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of all team members.
- Handles all food items by washing, chopping, and cutting
according to recipe specifications.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of assigned station, the
kitchen and the entire venue.
- Labels and stores all product following FIFO and company
- Required to check production lists and assignments.
- Follow supervisor's instructions, communicate with and support
co-workers while being a team player.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of assigned recipes with the
ability to produce them to company standard.
- Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation
- Communicates product needs to the chefs, sous chefs and the
- Properly sets-up prep station and performs other
opening/closing procedures as directed by management,
- Stocks station with prescribed supplies.
- Wipes down and sanitizes station.
- Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
- Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
- Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture
immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing
knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners
and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all
fellow team members.Training Requirements:
- Food Handling Certificate.Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Previous culinary experience preferred.
- Experience as a prep and/or line cook in a high-volume culinary
operation preferred.Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts
such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.Benefits:
- $500 Signing Bonus after 90 days of Employment
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dining Discounts
- Paid Sick Time & Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance ProgramThis is not necessarily an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working
conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves
the right to make changes in the above job description and all
other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group
Hospitality management's right to assign or reassign tasks, duties,
or responsibilities to this job at any time. If you are hired, we
will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or
that you have a valid religious or medical reasons not to be
Keywords: Tao Group Hospitality, Las Vegas , Prep Cook (P.M.) - Tao Bistro, Hospitality & Tourism , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!