Sous Chef-Renaissance Hotel
Company: Renaissance Hotel Las Vegas
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
As the largest smoke-free, non-gaming hotel in Las Vegas, the
548-room Renaissance is a fresh, welcoming alternative for business
and leisure travelers. Sleek and stylish, the hotel delivers modern
design and sophisticated details throughout their guest rooms,
social venues and the signature restaurant, ENVY Steakhouse. The
hotel offers exciting programming including 50-minute fitness
classes, Kona Craft Beer, and an in-room amenity upon arrival, all
complimentary to the guest.
The Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring that all meals coming
from the kitchen are well prepared with regard to quality,
consistency, eye appeal, taste and food cost. He/she is expected to
provide training for all staff; meet corporate quality standards;
and assist in establishing and enforcing food specifications,
portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Sous Chef is also
responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of
F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not
limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules,
quarterly actions plans.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and
food production areas; hot food from the main kitchen and bakery,
and cold food from the pantry.
- Make cooks aware of daily forecasts and customer counts so that
they can be adequately prepared to serve both hot and cold food on
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with SOP's in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate
- Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in
outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
- Know how to compute daily food cost.
- Work with the Director of F&B to create and implement
- Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of
- Check all stations at the end of every shift for proper food
storage and sanitation.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price
- Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items,
sanitation of the outlets, receiving daily inventories, log-on
report and food cost report.
- Prepare daily food production sheets.
- Cut meat, poultry, seafood according to daily business
Keywords: Renaissance Hotel Las Vegas, Las Vegas , Sous Chef-Renaissance Hotel, Hospitality & Tourism , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!