Bartender - Chart House
Company: Golden Nugget
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 22, 2022
It is the responsibility of the bartender to provide prompt,
efficient, and courteous service, display salesmanship, and
friendly hospitality. The bartender will mix and serve drinks for
the entire restaurant, provide dining and take-out/to-go service
and maintain the cleanliness of the bar. The bartender must execute
all applicable Chart House standards to every guest, every time,
there are no spare guests. This position must also exhibit a high
level of professional and personalized guest service that embodies
the Company's brand standard and core values (K.E.E.P. - Kindness,
Engagement, Empathy and Positivity).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide friendly service with smiles, professional verbiage,
escorting guests, allowing guests the right of way, pulling out
chairs for guests, acknowledging special events and engaging in
other friendly mannerisms to provide superior service to the guest.
Must be able to provide information to guests regarding Golden
Nugget events and services available to guests, and provide
directions to guests throughout the Golden Nugget.
- Greet bar guests within 30 seconds, properly placing beverage
napkins in front of the guest and acknowledge restaurant guest
orders within 60 seconds.
- Carry heavy trays efficiently and securely.
- Execute Chart House spiels in accordance with the current Chart
House spiel procedures, ensuring all required information is
delivered to, and asked of the guest.
- Time the guests' experience in accordance with current Chart
House timing guidelines to optimize guest satisfaction. Ensure bar
beverages are being delivered in accordance to Chart House
standards to guarantee optimal product quality.
- Utilize trays to deliver to and clear guests' tables, while
following tray delivery procedures; "one-hand free rule," quantity
of items on trays and presentation of items on trays.
- Knowledgeable of food and beverage menus and plate
specifications. Knowledge must be used to ensure proper quality of
products, presentation of product to the guest, enhancing the
guests' experiences with recommendations, executing salesmanship of
featured items, accuracy of taking and placing orders and superior
- Maintain the guests' table tops "framed," clear of debris, and
supplied with all the appropriate necessities for the guests'
- Obtain orders and deliver food and beverages in a friendly
manner, utilizing position seating, Chart House service etiquette
and "open-arm" approach.
- Obtain take-out/to-go orders and deliver food and beverages in
a friendly and timely manner, utilizing the applicable "to-go
- Be present throughout the guests' dining experiences to check
on the guests' enjoyment of their food and beverages and provide
any guest requests.
- Knowledgeable of the Chart House Pivot Point system to ensure
adherence to the #1 and #2 priority of the system, "hot food" and
"cold drinks," 360, room buddies, and all other aspects of the
Pivot Point system.
- Knowledgeable of technology to operate a Point of Sale system
and cash drawers.
- Pre-bus between dining courses and leave nothing except glasses
and beverage napkins prior to the guests' departure.
- Deliver checks and cash-out guests in a timely manner.
- Continuously engage in teamwork by offering help to fellow
employees and managers to ensure the finest possible service is
given to our guests.
- Ensure restaurant and bar are sufficiently stocked with rolled
silverware, and rolling silverware as necessary.
- Follows direction efficiently and positively.
- Be courteous and respectful to everyone, and be positive and
professional at all times.
- Adhere to all applicable policies and procedures, health, and
- Maintain uniform and appearance according to established
- Communicate with Management of guest satisfaction, supply
needs, Employee Discount, Black Card, Comps, or other area of the
restaurant in need of attention.
- Maintain all side-work and bar areas in an organized, sanitized
and properly stocked to PAR level manner.
- Ensure that all bar items and supplies on-hand are accounted
for and secure throughout shift.
- Give all lost and found items to the manager.
- Handle money in accordance with Beverage Department policies
- Pick-up cash bank at the beginning of shift and return at the
end of shift.
- Responsible for balancing cash bank at the end of shift.
- Assist with maintaining a neat, clean and safe working
- Turnover/Takeover station according to established
- Always thank guests for choosing Chart House and invite them
- Relay all guest compliments and complaints to the manager on
- Is aware of and in compliance with all Health Department
regulations while performing duties.
- All other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years old.
- Health, Alcohol and Non Gaming Sheriff Cards are required.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state
liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to
minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Minimum one-year experience in a high-volume, fast-paced
restaurant is required,
- Must have great people skills, a clean and well-groomed
appearance, and to be respectful of everyone.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Have documentation of successful completion of the Bartenders
Local 165 Joint Apprenticeship Training Program and have passed the
craft exam related to the program.
- Must be capable of carrying heavy trays efficiently and
- Working knowledge of the particular characteristics and
description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on
the wine list.
- Working knowledge of designated glassware, ingredients,
preparation method and garnishes of each drink.
- Thorough knowledge of proper service and etiquette.
- Technology savvy.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's or related degree preferred
- Union pour card is required
- 3-years experience in a bar or similar environment.
- Minimum age requirement is 21
Keywords: Golden Nugget, Las Vegas , Bartender - Chart House, Hospitality & Tourism , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!