Cook I - (PT)
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Cook I reports directly to the Outlet Chef or the assigned Sous
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Able to work in fast-paced environment, multiple tasks to be
handled under time constraint
- Able to handle a heavy business volume in a timely manner
- Understand proper safety and health codes and regulations and
maintain them regularly
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in
- Ensure all areas assigned are clean and free of debris
- Maintain a solid knowledge of all food products and is able to
skillfully apply culinary techniques.
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Regularly restock all kitchen supplies and food items required
- Apply basic knife skills required for service
- Read, measure and execute recipes
- Move items from shelves to carts and transport to assigned
stations for restocking purposes
- Maintain a solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with
- Versatile in preparing both hot and cold items
- Exhibits a solid knowledge, understanding and application of
various cooking techniques
- Assist Cook III and Cook II as needed in execution of
- Maintain a solid knowledge, understanding and preparation of
base sauces, stocks and soups
- Effectively communicate with management, chefs and service
staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested
by guests and or other employees
- Performs other job related duties that may be assigned
- Basic to good knowledge of gastronomy including buffet.
- Able to work and stay organized in a busy professional
- Basic to good knowledge of the county health department's
codes, and an ability to analyze critical control points within the
- Able to follow recipes, understand ingredients in all menu
items and recipes, and the cooking techniques used in each menu
item and recipe.
- Responsible for cleaning and organizing carts in walk-in and
- With the direction of the Outlet Manager, oversees inventory
control and monitoring of frozen, dry, and / or refrigerated
- Communicates to Outlet Chef when items are required for
- Responsible to communication, hand over take over with team
members and work with them.
- Able to work and maintain a busy station, and work in multiple
- Great love of cooking
- Quick learner who wants to experience all the stations and
- Minimum of 2 years in the culinary department of a luxury hotel
or restaurant and / or a culinary degree.
- Quality driven with a passion for excellence.
- Approachable, open-minded and fair
- Willing and able to work all shifts, any set of scheduled
hours, any holiday, weekends and overtime to meet the demands of
- High energy
- Advanced HACCP certification or equivalent
- Additional languages
- Working knowledge of computers and basic software
- Knowledge of other cuisines is a plus
Keywords: Hilton, Las Vegas , Cook I - (PT), Hospitality & Tourism , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!