Lead Line Cook- Westin Hotel & Spa
Company: The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The Lead Line Cook is responsible for supervising and assisting in
the preparation of all food items for all outlets, Banquets, Room
Service and Employee Cafeteria, while maintaining the highest
standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is
also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and
safety in the kitchen, and storage areas while minimizing waste and
maximizing cost/production ratio.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the
opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served
promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy
and meat products.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper
handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications
on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified
by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation
of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment
properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury
to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel's standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards
to food and storage standards and safety.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen
- Maintain a "Clean As You Go" policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
Keywords: The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa, Las Vegas , Lead Line Cook- Westin Hotel & Spa, Hospitality & Tourism , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!