Overnight Security Officer - Westin Hotel & Spa
Company: Highgate Hotels, LP
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: May 19, 2019
The Safety and Security Officer is responsible for providing
protection and communication with hotel guests and employees.
He/she is also responsible for patrolling hotel premises to
maintain security, detect and report fire, security and safety
hazards and/or violations of Highgate Hotel s rules and
* Use proper radio etiquette at all times.
* Maintain visual contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor and the
front door of the hotel by remaining in the Lobby area when not on
* Maintain and review daily activity log.
* Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and employee
* Hold briefing with Guest Services staff both at the beginning and
end of shift.
* Check ID of visitors/employees as necessary.
* Access secured areas for authorized personnel.
* Maintain an awareness of legal limitation of position (local,
state and/or federal ordinances).
* Assist guests to their rooms or assist guest s w/entry into their
rooms according to hotel standards.
* Assist during medical emergencies.
* Respond to emergency situations, including medical, security,
guest complaints, etc.
* Investigate assault complaints.
* Assist outside agencies, as necessary, to maintain effective
* Respond to altercations, and investigate.
* Have knowledge of hotel and guestroom locking systems.
* Monitor TV cameras, if applicable.
* Administer First Aid/CPR as necessary.
* Challenge suspicious persons.
* Check safety hazards.
* Administer Heimlich Maneuver and or First Aid/CPR as
* Complete Incident/Accident reports in a clear and concise
* Monitor employees as they enter and exit the building.
* Conduct investigations relative to property losses, guest and
employee accidents, and illnesses and crimes against the hotel.
* Document all deliveries.
* Patrol area to insure that areas are secure and free of
unauthorized persons and disturbances.
* Provide escorts to persons carrying money, or other requests.
* Issue and inventory pagers, radio equipment and keys on a daily
bases, if applicable.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or
related field preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Ability to climb and descend stairways and run.
* Ability to physically deter individuals who pose a threat to
employee and/or guests
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying
concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and
assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal
employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an
applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any
other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will
provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to
participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test
or job interview) if so requested.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, LP, Las Vegas , Overnight Security Officer - Westin Hotel & Spa, Hospitality & Tourism , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!