Human Resources Generalist
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Human Resources Generalist (Evenings)
Founded by the Channell family in 1922, Channell is a global
designer, manufacturer, and seller of outside plant infrastructure
equipment. The markets served by Channell are Telecommunications,
Municipalities, Internet Service Providers, Wireless, Water, Power,
and CATV, among others. -Major product lines include a complete
line of thermoplastic and metal fabricated enclosures, fiber optic
cable connection and management systems, and high-performance
below-grade vaults. -JOB SUMMARY:The Human Resources Generalist
will provide guidance and services to internal customers in support
of human resource policies and procedures, including talent
acquisition, staffing, employment processing, training, and
development, records management, employee relations, benefits,
compensation, safety and health, workers' compensation, employment
law, wage & hour, leaves of absences, FMLA/CFRA - ADA regulations
and compliance. -ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Support internal customers in managing Human Resources policies
and procedures daily.
- Handle the complete employment cycle from recruiting,
background checks, employment offers, and new employee orientation
through off-boarding and exit interviews.
- Maintain employee services and disseminate Human Resources
- Effectively manage employee relations issues, investigations,
and conflict resolution.
- Assist with benefit programs such as life, health, dental
insurance, PTO, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Track time off and leaves of absence such as FMLA/CFRA, PFL,
workers' compensation, etc.
- Facilitate and conduct leadership and safety training.
- Ensure employees operate in a safe, orderly, and clean
environment. Drive the development of safe work procedures and make
health and safety recommendations accordingly.
- Assists in the development and implementation of safety
training programs for compliance with OSHA regulations and other
federal, state, or local requirements.
- Update employee records in the payroll system and Human
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with sensitive and
confidential issues, projects, and information with initiative and
- Able to manage multiple issues/projects in a fast-paced
- Complete other job-related duties and special projects as
- 3-5 years of HR Generalist experience.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Las Vegas/California legal and regulatory
issues, applicable laws, and liability related to HR functions a
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and HRIS.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication
- Problem-solver in a teamwork environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. - -PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and working conditions
requirements indicated below are examples of the demands that must
be performed in carrying out the essential job functions.
Physical Demands: Typical office work-related activities.
Working Conditions:Working in an office setting indoors; frequent
exposure to temperatures commensurate with outdoor seasonal
Channell Commercial Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
with opportunities for advancement. -All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or
other protected categories. -Reasonable accommodation may enable a
person with a disability to perform the job's essential
Channell Commercial Corporation offers a competitive salary and
benefits that include 401(K), health insurance, life insurance, and
Keywords: Channell, Las Vegas , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!