System Software Engineer II
Company: Sunbelt Controls
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 17, 2020
We are looking to for a Systems Software Engineer II in Las Vegas,
Here at Sunbelt Controls, we are a part of something bigger. Just
ask our recent customers: Boeing, UCSF Hospital, and San Francisco
49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 30 years, we continue
to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented
individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our
ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Why join Sunbelt* Sunbelt Controls is a leader in building
automation. Our objective is to improve occupant comfort (such as
yourself), create efficient operation of building systems, and
create reduction in energy consumption and operating cost. An
energy efficient building saves money and is environmentally
friendly. Without us, the building is just an empty box. We bring
it to life.
The position requires the individual to apply their technical
knowledge and experience for the successful database programming
and custom graphics development and subsequent installation of this
programming into the Building Management System for all assigned
projects. Additionally, this role supports the startup,
commissioning and troubleshooting of the assigned projects. The
position requires a high level of experience in computer skills and
the understanding of computer-operated systems, including network
types. This role will also require responsibility for documenting
all field as-built conditions, as well as, the commissioning
process documents. The position is required to closely interact
with the Project Manager and any assigned Project Engineering staff
to assist with the timely and successful completion of each
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE*
* Performs as a lead Systems Software Engineer in the development
of lower and mid-level control systems databases & programs.
* Supports the execution of the initial systems point-to-point
* Performs the troubleshooting of local and wide area network
issues as they arise.
* Utilizes computer hardware and software to support and/or execute
the pre-functional testing of the system software code in relation
to the design sequence of operations.
* Participates and supports the final systems functional testing
relative to a standard, 3rd party, LEED and Title 24 testing as
* Possesses the knowledge of multiple vendor software versions
* Develops and utilizes the skill set to effectively work with 3rd
party integrations of other vendor products, systems, and
* Maintains a lead role in the field coordination of installing
subcontractors when a Project Engineer is not assigned to the
* Responsible for attending required field project coordination
meetings and commissioning meetings as required by the assigned
* Participates and leads all end-user/customer system training
requirements on assigned projects.
* Responsible for the systematic turnover of the project from the
construction phase to the Service team on all assigned
* Assists Design Engineers with the validation of sequence of
operations development against design-build and/or contract
* Coordinates with project staff to ensure accurate and timely
recording of project costs including time sheets, daily reports,
* Manages field time and budgets relative to the field work of
* Provides the necessary leadership role for the field team when
executing mid-sized projects requiring multiple team members.
* Communicates effectively with other team members regarding
project issues, obstacles, and information needs.
* Attends and successfully completes the OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 safety
* Responsible for practicing safe work habits and participates in
office safety program requirements and that of any specific safety
requirements of all assigned projects.
* Responsible for coaching, mentoring and development of junior
level Systems Software Engineers.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE*
* Associates degree in a technical field or 2-5 years of related
work experience in building automation systems.
* Bachelor s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* Strong mechanical aptitude and any technical school training.
* Working knowledge of MS Office, Windows, File Structure. Basic
TCP/IP network structure and web navigation are desired.
* Must be highly organized and possess the ability to work in a
high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet
the schedules given by Sunbelt leadership.
* Has the ability to operate independently and autonomously and
take ownership of all assigned tasks.
* Must possess a valid driver s license.
* Ability to execute their work to ensure high customer
satisfaction and the highest quality deliverable.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills are a
requirement of this position.
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and
arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl,
especially when conducting job site walks.
* Must possess & maintain a valid class c driver s license and have
the ability to drive a vehicle.
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of
skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering,
project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who
collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to
* Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision,
401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from
us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
* Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and
* Professional Development Programs Educational reimbursements,
Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth
SUNBELT CONTROLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are
encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay Transparency
Sunbelt will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
At this time, Sunbelt Controls is unable to provide visa
Keywords: Sunbelt Controls, Las Vegas , System Software Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!