Manager - Systems Software Development
Company: Las Vegas Sands Corp
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: February 22, 2021
The primary responsibility of the Manager - Systems Software
Development is to manage the organization's information (electronic
data) systems so that they function reliably, meet the
organization's business needs, and use the organization's IT
resources effectively. All duties are to be performed in accordance
with departmental and The Venetian - The Palazzo Casino Resort's
policies, practices, and procedures.
- Oversee the design, development, and testing of information
- Work with managers to develop and maintain electronic data
systems that are appropriate for their business needs, integrate
with other systems, and remain consistent with the information
- Plan, prioritize, and manage the implementation of system
upgrades to minimize disruptions to business activities and use the
organization's IT resources effectively.
- Develop and implement a systems maintenance program to ensure
the organization's systems function reliably. Research, evaluate,
and recommend hardware and software products that will enhance the
capabilities of the organization's information systems.
- Manage a queue of work requests to meet service levels and KPI
- Manage incidents effectively to minimize business impact and
ensure root cause analysis and corrective actions are defined and
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Business Analysts to help
design solutions to meet business needs.
- Perform resource management including: sizing, design,
development, testing and implementation. Additional Duties &
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications and
implement system solutions that meet those documented
- Conduct research on software products, services, and standards
to remain abreast of innovation and best practice for IT systems
development and service delivery.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures and technologies
to ensure security and integrity of organization's information
(electronic data) systems.
- Analyze service results and maintain performance metrics to
identify areas for continuous improvement. Implement a strategy to
execute the improvement plan.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of five+ systems
software development engineers to ensure the organization's
information systems strategy is implemented on time and within
- Ensure that the morale, productivity, training, quality of work
and discipline of staff is at an effective level.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of
- Safety is an essential function of this job. Additional Duties
& Responsibilities: Additional Duties & Responsibilities: Company
Standards of Conduct All Venetian - Palazzo Team Members are
expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner
at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company's
standards, work requirements and rules of conduct. Team Members are
expected to behave in a manner that supports a harmonious work
environment to help us deliver unmatched service to our guests and
customers. Minimum Qualifications:
- 21 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United
- 7 years' experience performing in all phases of the software
development life cycle.
- 5 years' experience implementing information systems using
Java/Microsoft technologies and frameworks or implementing OLTP and
OLAP data solutions leveraging MDM, BI and data warehouse
- 4 years' of industry standard systems analysis techniques
including data modeling, process modeling, data flow diagramming,
Unified Modeling Language (UML), business process reengineering
(BPR), and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI).
- 2 years' experience leading/managing teams in a result-oriented
- Understanding of application frameworks and system integration
- Ability to comprehend and manage the implementation of detailed
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design.
- Familiar with Version Management tools such as SVN, VSS, and
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Nevada Gaming Control
Board Registration and any other certification or license, as
required by law or policy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and MS
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
effectively with guests and other Team Members of different
backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends
and holidays. Physical Requirements: Must be able to:
- Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas
with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet
deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests,
management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch,
bend and kneel.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors
such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the on-line
application, please go to About Us and click "Accommodation."
Las Vegas Sands Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are
committed to leading the Hospitality and Gaming industry in
promoting diversity. To view additional information regarding our
commitment, go to About Us and click "Diversity."
Keywords: Las Vegas Sands Corp, Las Vegas , Manager - Systems Software Development, IT / Software / Systems , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!