Sr. Software Engineer - Java - (100% remote work)
Company: Everest Consultants, Inc.
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Java (Remote) Location: Seattle,
WA (Remote - PT Core Hours) Duration: Permanent with Great Benefits
- The Senior Software Development Engineer contributes to
building, maintaining and enhancing Spectrum and related
browser-based web applications for construction companies.
- This position will work on the application at all levels
including persistence/database, web API services, and the browser
- The successful candidate has a solid knowledge of enterprise
software such as Microsoft SQL Server and web technologies
including Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services.
- This is an opportunity to join an energized team that is
engaged in building products for construction professionals and
helping with the digital transformation of the industry.
- We are currently striving to improve our existing applications
built on multiple web technologies including server-side Java and
Dojo framework. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with software development architect, development and QA
teams to perform product design, implementation, defect
verification and remedy on application software projects.
- Works with Product Management team to implement against product
requirements and solicit more information as required.
- Identifies opportunities for improving software development
methods and procedures and communicates recommendations
- Works within Scrum team environment to deliver on commitments
within release cycle.
- Refactor existing systems to improve scalability
- Support continuous delivery of product teams, by implementing
automated processes Competencies:
- Studies business domain and actively seeks clarity when
specifics of domain will be important in dictating software design
- Proven record of solving software problems using software
engineering best practices.
- Expertise in object-oriented programming languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and
understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents
and explains information to others with various levels of
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to
others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Acts as a mentor to others and regularly brings new approaches
and ideas to the table.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment. Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of proven software application development experience
with 1-2 years of tech lead experience
- Experience developing and deploying multi-tenant applications,
particularly with a microservice architecture
- Experience with SQL databases, particularly SQL Server
- Expertise in Enterprise Java in secure web environments
- Familiar with cloud based architectures, particularly AWS
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure services and/or AWS
- Familiar with Continuous Deployment best practices
Keywords: Everest Consultants, Inc., Las Vegas , Sr. Software Engineer - Java - (100% remote work), IT / Software / Systems , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!