Software Architect (Remote Friendly)
Company: Mission Lane
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Mission Lane is revolutionizing access to financial tools to
pave a clear way forward for millions of Americans on the path to
financial success. We strive to create solutions no one ever has
before, to redefine the financial industry for the better. Sound
like a mission you could get behind?
Mission Lane is looking for an Architect to join our Engineering
team. As our Architect, you will lead and own our architectural
decisions across engineering. You will be working very closely with
the engineering managers and tech leads to scale and build out our
class-defining Acquisitions & Decisioning services as we decompose
an outdated monolith. You will represent the first step to helping
struggling customers take the first steps to greater financial
/ React Native / Kotlin / Java/ PostgreSQL/ Kubernetes / GCP
What you will do:
- Design and oversee the delivery of end-to-end integrated
- Deliver architectural initiatives that drive revenue and
improve efficiency in line with business strategy.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies
- Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural
- Develop and maintain an aspirational architectural road map for
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and
strategies to business stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers.
- Develop architectural metrics and reports for the Engineering
Skills and experience you possess:
- 12+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience
in software development with a variety of languages (Kotlin, Java,
- 6-8+ years' experience designing and delivering large scale
distributed systems (with at least 3-4 years on cloud
- Previous experience decomposing monolithic software stacks &
associated data models to distributed services and systems
- Deep insight into Cloud - (AWS, Heroku, Azure, Snowflake,
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of secure cloud design (across
Infrastructure, Platform, Application and Data)
- Startup Experience preferred
Projects you may work on:
- Scale the Mission Lane distributed services mesh as you break
down an existing monolith.
- Work on creating and architecting a scalable, secure, and
sustainable acquisitions platform to handle millions of potential
- Mentor and guide a group of smart talented senior
- Elevate and drive the Mission Lane Engineering brand.
Who you'll work with:
At Mission Lane, you'll join a high-performing and
highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our
mission of bringing clear and fair credit to everyone. Our culture
of people-first, thoughtful teammates and class leading technology
keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them
strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We
encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at
MissionLane, to make sure we're the right place for you.
You'll love working here if:
- You care about helping those most in need of fair and clear
credit to jump start their financial health.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered
- You enjoy improving and modernizing software stacks.
- You love to design impactful, well crafted experiences.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
At Mission Lane, we're looking for people who have the courage to
take on new challenges. If you need accommodations to perform at
your highest potential throughout the application and/or interview
process, don't hesitate to reach out.
We're committed to ensuring our team members have balance in their
lives. Our comprehensive benefits package* provides the support you
need to thrive at work and at home.
- Work: An engaging culture with access to training programs and
- Life: Full health, dental, and vision benefits, Flexible
Spending Account (for medical and childcare expenses), paid
parental leave, and a 401k Company Match
- Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, a Calm App
subscription, and more.
*Benefits may vary by location
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond,
Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018,
we've rapidly grown to almost 2 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the
adult population in the U.S. doesn't have access to a clear line of
credit. And by "clear" we mean credit without crazy fees that only
increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either
overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime
credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn't
We understand that everyone doesn't have the same opportunities. We
also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their
financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical
first step, but our work isn't done. We are actively developing new
products designed to meet our customers where they are, according
to their needs.
We get it - life happens . That's why Mission Lane is hard at work
paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for
our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an
environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental
disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or
maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited
by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment
authorization for this position. And please, no third-party
Keywords: Mission Lane, Las Vegas , Software Architect (Remote Friendly), IT / Software / Systems , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!