Staff Software Engineer II (Full Stack-Remote)
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Vericast is a leading marketing solutions company, delivering
actionable insights and expertise through its Valassis and Harland
Clarke omnichannel solutions, to help more than 70,000 businesses
engage with their customers. Every day, Vericast influences
purchasing and transaction behavior of more than 120 million
households - impacting where they eat, shop, buy, save and borrow.
Follow Vericast on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn how Vericast
Vericast is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer who can develop
modern, scalable applications. Full stack engineering has improved
and matured dramatically in the past several years, and we're
adopting the best technologies and patterns available. You'll help
us continue to define and implement a world-class front-end
platform as well as the backend services that support it.
You will work with a team of talented engineers responsible for the
full lifecycle of production systems, software, tools, and flows.
These are all critical to our business, helping us architect, build
and maintain a self-service portal to enable our users to build and
launch digital campaigns. Our success depends on your work.
You'll work daily with UX and visual designers, other engineering
teams, and product owners to help build the best products and
experiences. If you enjoy creating highly interactive applications
and solving complex problems with the latest technologies, this is
the role for you.
- Build, scale, and maintain our services and web-based
- Collaborate with team members to deliver both client- and
- Work with internal and external customers to define new
features that will drive our business
- Contribute to our team's continuous efforts to improve quality
and efficiency of development platforms, tools, and processes
- Proficiency in high level languages such as Java, Python
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Expert knowledge of fundamental engineering concepts,
understanding good software architecture/design, algorithms, data
structures, writing modular and testable code
- Understanding of the full web stack, from databases to
server-side code to the quirks of cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with system architecture and design
- Experience with highly scalable systems
- Mentor and otherwise informally provide leadership to other
software engineers (have a "wider impact")
- Frequently serve as technical lead for projects, determining
implementation tasks, tradeoffs, and milestones
- Understanding of SQL, especially Postgres, is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (Required)
- 6+ years of relevant development experience
- Excellent object-oriented or functional programming skills
- Technologies We Use
- Java, Scala, Python,
- Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Rundeck, Docker, Kubernetes
Vericast is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be
made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our
Recruiting Administrator directly at 616-541-3145.
Keywords: Vericast, Las Vegas , Staff Software Engineer II (Full Stack-Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!