Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Description Our Company is a science and technology solutions leader built on a legacy of daring innovation and outstanding accomplishment. We have a dynamic opportunity for a Software Developer with Java/Java Script working in a Linux environment. Joining our team, you will be working at the Navy's premiere Point Loma/San Diego based software development laboratory. This position provides option for a 9/80 schedule and relocation assistance is available. We are seeking TS/SCI cleared candidates and are motivated to hire! Job Summary: The position will support the US Navy in the Battlespace Awareness and Information domain working with our integrated software development team. Responsibilities include:
- Lead parts of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. In addition will assist in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints.
- The successful candidate will be assigned software tasks and will be required to provide an estimate to complete those tasks within a two week sprint cycle.
- Strong team participation. Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Other duties include documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved within an agile software release life cycle and resulting in a software product.
- Communicate status/progress to both the technical project and Navy government leads; excellent verbal and written abilities required. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Position requires US citizenship and an active TS/SCI DoD security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-12 years of software engineering experience.
- Proficiency using at least one high-level programming language (Java (preferred), C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience developing web-clients to RESTful web-services.
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as JBoss, Apache Tomcat, etc.
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Experience developing in Linux and a virtualized environment.
- Geospatial-based application development and web-portal frameworks such as Ozone Widget Framework strongly desired. Desired Qualifications
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows, MacOSX).
- Proficiency with HTML-5 and CSS.
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint). ASG/MSIO SanDiegoASG TA_4 External Referral Eligible ASGERP18
Keywords: Leidos, Las Vegas , Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!