VP - Transactional In House Counsel
Company: American Homes 4 Rent
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 15, 2019
American Homes 4 RentAs one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has the of an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (AMH:NYSE) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.The VP - Counsel is responsible for providing legal guidance and support regarding property management and real estate matters on behalf of the Company Responsibilities -
- Advises Company executives and offers legal guidance to business departments within the Company; Research and analysis regarding legal issues impacting the Company.
- Negotiates, writes, reviews and interprets various legal documents and contracts on behalf of the Company including, purchase and sale/escrow documents, leases, commission agreements, home owners association documents (including CC&Rs), easements, licenses, consulting and service agreements, vendor and construction contracts, non-disclosure agreements, software license agreements, financing instruments, corporate governance documents, etc.
- Manages outside legal counsel on litigation of real estate matters and transactions
- Provides legal guidance to the field, including, but not limited to, evictions and asset recovery, property management, maintenance and leasing to ensure compliance with applicable laws and Company policies.
- Follows all organizational systems, programs, training, policies, and procedures as required and complies with relevant legal mandates. Seeks guidance as necessary.
- Handles various other duties as delegated by the Chief Legal Officer and other Company executives.Required Skills:Minimum of 5 (five) years of directly related Transactional Contracts experience, specifically with practice focus in the following areas:
- Real Estate Litigation
- General corporate and/or finance experienceAbility to multi-task and meet demanding deadlinesSpecific experience with commercial Real Estate residential tenancy law, evictions and leasing highly beneficialSupervisory experience managing a team of paralegals or administrative staff is desirableLaw firm experience preferred
Keywords: American Homes 4 Rent, Las Vegas , VP - Transactional In House Counsel, Legal , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!