Payroll Specialist Job Description
JOB TITLE: Payroll Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Payroll and Benefits Lead
DRG is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, analytical,
and customer-focused individual to join our dynamic growing team.
Under the direct supervision of the Payroll and Benefits Lead, the
Payroll Specialist will assist in the accurate and timely
processing of payroll. The Payroll Specialist will ensure pay data
integrity, perform administrative tasks, and provide end-to-end
solutions for payroll related questions. This role plays a great
effort in ensuring our greatest asset, employees, are
· Collaboratively, accurately, and timely processes payroll for
6,000 + employees across the various markets.
· Ensures personnel and timekeeping databases are accurate
regarding salaries, ACH information, and payroll deductions (taxes,
garnishments, benefits, etc.).
· Works directly with field operators (restaurant and above
restaurant employees) to troubleshoot payroll discrepancies and
prepares adjustment forms and/or on-demand checks as needed.
· Collates paper paychecks and mails out to appropriate
restaurants in time for the pay date.
· Addresses and resolves internal and external inquiries
relating to payroll, employment verifications, employee queries,
data reporting agencies, etc.
· Assists in performing payroll audits, reports, investigations,
and administrative tasks.
· Assists in planning for upcoming salary changes, minimum wage
changes, and acquisitions.
· May assist in benefit audits, benefit reconciliations,
compensation surveys, and/or compliance reporting.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of his/her customers; gets first-hand customer
information and uses it for improvements in products and services;
acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective
relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Functional/Technical Skills - Has the functional and technical
knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of
Learns on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems; a
relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both
successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and
will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of
unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying
structure of anything.
Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need
to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face
of resistance or setbacks.
Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on
what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the
trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder
accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve
difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful
sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at
honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the
ESSENTIAL SKILL SET:
· Proficient knowledge of electronic payroll processes and
· Proven ability to communicate effectively to internal and
external stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
· Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and time
· Excellent customer satisfaction and soft skills.
· Associate degree in business, accounting, human resources, or
related field preferred, experience and/or training/certification
may be substituted for education.
· One to two years’ experience processing payroll and working
with cloud-based payroll software.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, specifically
Excel and Word.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time.
Diversified Restaurant Group, LLC (DRG) is a restaurant business
working to innovate and grow with quick service and fast casual
brands across the country. What started as a 30-unit Taco Bell
business in 2012 has since grown into a 230+ unit, multi-brand
operation. DRG currently operates Taco Bell and Arby’s restaurants
across Alaska, Kansas, Nevada, Northern California and has more
than 6,000 team members and continues to grow every day!
You are applying to Diversified Restaurant Group, a franchisee
of Taco Bell and Arby’s Corp. If hired, the franchisee will be your
only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set
their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among
· Comprehensive Benefits package including Medical, Dental and
· Short Term Disability for AM and above matches yearly
· AD&D life Insurance for AM and above matches yearly
· Tuition Reimbursement Program
· Company Scholarship Program
·Employee Relief Fund – company sponsored
· Vacation PTO plan all levels
· Free Meals