Interpretive Staff Supervisor
Company: The Neon Museum, Inc.
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Position filled as soon as possible. No Phone Calls Please!We
are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic
information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.Organization Name: Neon Museum FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours/Week: 40 Job Purpose Minimum of two years' supervisory
experience in customer service and in the handling of cash
preferred. Experience in communicating effectively to large groups
and with diverse audiences preferred. Ability to remain calm and
professional in sometimes stressful conditions required. Ability to
firmly, fairly, effectively and professionally enforce policies
required. Interest in Las Vegas history, art, architecture and neon
signs required. Scheduling flexibility required. Essential Job
- Open and close the Museum as assigned.
- Assist in the scheduling, supervision and training of staff and
volunteers, with the goals of exceptional customer service and
compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate, timely and confidential employee
- Prepare and accurately manage ticket releases and sales in a
- Operate cash registers and record payment in an accurate
manner. Reconcile interpreter and associate drawers at shift
changes, calculating cash drops at end of shift. Conduct sweeps of
cash drawers that exceed internal limits.
- Monitor security and safety of Museum, reporting any related
concerns, including potentially hazardous weather conditions, and
recommending cancellations and/or closure to senior management as
- Submit Incident Reports and other assigned reports in a timely
and accurate manner.
- Build positive relationships with guests, serving as primary
mediator in customer service issues, and providing courteous and
professional crowd control as needed.
- Ensure that staff and visitors are provided accurate and
current information about fees, fundraising activities, hours,
events, programs, exhibits and general policies.
- Comply with all internal financial controls as directed by the
Chief Financial Officer.
- Process individual deposits into a single bank deposit and
ensure delivery to bank no less than three times per week.
- Ensure accurate recording of guest information in
- Maintain a professional and tidy front-desk area.
- Present information to visitors via an informed tour
experience, responding to questions positively and with
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications/Experience Minimum of
two years' supervisory experience in customer service and in the
handling of cash required. Experience in communicating effectively
to large groups and with diverse audiences preferred. Ability to
remain calm and professional in sometimes stressful conditions
required. Ability to firmly, fairly, effectively and professionally
enforce policies required. Interest in Las Vegas history, art,
architecture and neon signs preferred. Scheduling flexibility
required. Work Context
- Requires work with external customers or the public.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled
conditions and standing for long periods of time.
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or
- Requires working outside in various conditions and
temperatures. Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to tolerate numerous interruptions throughout the
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively as member of a
team. Interest in history, Las Vegas history, art, architecture,
preservation or neon signs a plus. Skills
- Requires regular attendance and punctuality.
- Requires standing for long periods of time.
- Requires ability to consistently speak and interact in a clear,
friendly and outgoing manner with diverse audiences.
- Requires ability to work outdoors in seasonal desert
temperatures and a range of other weather conditions.
- Requires ability to work indoors in environmentally controlled
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals and
- Requires ability to use email and general computer programs and
- Requires ability to tolerate numerous interruptions throughout
- Requires ability to function as a member of a team.
Keywords: The Neon Museum, Inc., Las Vegas , Interpretive Staff Supervisor, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!