Part-time Caregiver - Assisted Living , varied shfts
Company: Volunteers of America National Services
Location: Boulder City
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Part-time Caregiver, Assisted Living
** NEWLY INCREASED WAGE SCALES!**
This position is located in Boulder City, by the Hoover Dam
past Lake Mead.
Shift: 24 hours a week, varied shifts
Wage range: $11.30-$12.48 Depending on
We will train.
The Homestead at Boulder City is an Assisted Living and Memory Care
Community and we are currently hiring Caregivers to join our team!
We place pride in our work and our employees really do have a
genuine concern for the people in our care. Come work for
Volunteers of America, through The Homestead of Boulder City, and
make a difference in the lives of others! We provide independent
living, assisted living, and assisted living with a Memory Support
Program services to seniors.
The Homestead at Boulder City is at 1401 Medical Park Drive (off of
Buchanan in Boulder City, NV) and we provide a welcoming home away
from home for seniors. Our many unique features and services make
our facility stand out from the crowd.
For more information about us, please click on the below link:
Benefits of working for Volunteers of America (VOA):
At VOA we understand that our employees are our greatest asset, and
we are happy to offer them the following benefits:
Flexible scheduling and consistent hours
Stable organization; we've been a nonprofit for over 120 years
PTO for full-time staff
Positive work environment
Paid training/Continuing education
A variety in your daily duties
Fast paced, low stress working environment
Flexible Spending Account
medical (available when working 30 or more hours a week)
Under the direction and supervision of the Lead RN, The Caregiver
is responsible for providing and assisting participants with
activities of daily living, and supportive care necessary to the
preservation of the home environment. Assist in providing a safe
environment for the residents. Functions as a member of
- Assist residents with (bathing, dressing, grooming, hair care,
mouth care, eating, hand and foot nail care and toileting) as
assigned or needed.
- Assists residents with (including ambulating, positioning,
transferring, skin care, personal care, etc.) as assigned or
- Documents services provided to participants consistently and
accurately via approved system/ Daily Activity Record.
Documentation is completed in a timely manner. Completes all
participant documentation in the medical chart in a timely manner
- Implements plan of care; contacts supervisor with any
- Reports pertinent information regarding participants in a
timely manner to appropriate team members and supervisor.
- Participates in participants' plan of care through cooperation
with Interdisciplinary Team.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by RN Lead or designee as
- Participates in and supports Quality Improvement
- Follows all policies and procedures and Occupational Safety and
Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures,
results, and information about participants, clients or
- Handles potentially infectious specimens with appropriate
biohazard precautions, and practices Universal Precautions.
- Maintains safe working environment. Follows safety policies and
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required
staff and training meetings. Maintains professional affiliations
and any required certifications.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and
up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant
- Education: High school diploma or
- Experience: Experience in working with the
frail or elderly population but we will train.
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of how to support frail or elderly in
Activities of Daily Living (ADL).
- Knowledge of how to use and maintain in-home equipment
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with participants, co-workers, medical staff, and the
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work with frail and demented population.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
Keywords: Volunteers of America National Services, Las Vegas , Part-time Caregiver - Assisted Living , varied shfts, Other , Boulder City, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!