Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Summary:This position is primarily
responsible for preparing clear, complete, and accurate working
plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes
by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Supervises and coordinates the Drafting team and ensures that
projects are completed on time and budget.
- Ensures all drafting work is well represented and completed per
established specifications and standards.
- Makes certain everything is properly filed electronically, and
keeps the archive folders up to date.
- Handles own drafting projects.
- Transforms initial rough product using computer aided design
into working documents.
- Prepares sets of preliminary drawings with foundation plans,
framing plans, detail sheets, and general notes based on
architectural drawings, and presents the product to the engineer to
complete the design.
- Attends site visits accompanied by an engineer or alone, to
create as-builts as required.
- Reviews structural engineering drawings and designs to ensure
adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Implements and coordinates detail libraries and develops
- Develops standards and standardized sheets to simplify
- Maintains and improves technical practices and procedures, and
provides the exemplary level of service required of this position
at our firm.
- Alerts engineers and technical staff of any changes to the
backgrounds prepared by others.
- Strategically plans and establishes goals to learn and improve
utilization of department personnel and tools, including expanding
into 3D scanning and printing.
- Job Requirements
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilitiesto perform the essential
- Minimum of four (4) years related experience as a sole drafter
handling all aspects of structural projects.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Technical Ability:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings
from different sources, methods of construction, field
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts fundamentals of
plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables
- Continuous Learning
- Willingness to improve technical ability outside office hours
to keep with current practices.
- Computer Skills:To perform this
job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- AUTOCAD/REVIT Design Software
- Microsoft package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)software
- Internet software such as Google Earth
- Programming skills (a plus)
Keywords: Amtec, Las Vegas , CAD Drafter, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!