Community Health Worker
Company: Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Location: Nevada, Rural Douglas and Mineral
Community Health Workers are trained public health workers who
serve as a bridge between communities, health care systems, and
state health departments. CHWs in the center assist vulnerable
clients in advocating for services, scheduling appointments, and
monitoring key health indicators.
- GED/High School Degree preferred
- Community Health Worker Certification (acquired within 60 days
- Minimum two-hours (2) quarterly continuing competency training,
in addition to peer support training if dually certified
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Advocate for clients to access needed services;
- Assist in educational activities to promote compliance and
adherence to needed services;
- Provide individualized and group life skills through
interventions to clients in obtaining their health objectives to
restore the individual to their highest level of functioning;
- Co-facilitate groups/classes to support improved health
outcomes for clients;
- Teach others about managing their mental and physical
- Support clients in learning how to make good choices for
- Work closely with Care Coordinator to engage clients in
appropriate services and resources that assist in care
- Promote client engagement in therapy with clinicians,
engagement with psychiatric appointments, and compliance with
healthcare system through appropriate social and communication
- Attend treatment planning meetings as needed to effectively
mentor individuals care;
- Attend crisis management team meetings to effectively engage
- Document and schedule in electronic health record.
- Person-centered, family-centered, recovery-oriented care;
- The ability to recognize your own limitations and respond to
- Good communication skills;
- Display enthusiasm, respect and flexibility in the work
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues and community
partners from other disciplines;
- The ability to adhere to all privacy and confidentiality
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning,
competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Program Supervisor.
Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with
CPLC policies and procedures.
The right candidate will also be highly aligned to our overall
organizational culture as well as the ability to work seamlessly
within the team. What can you expect? Making a difference in our
community, opportunities to grow and learn with the
organization/team, and the feeling of family which is core to our
Keywords: Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc, Las Vegas , Community Health Worker, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!