Automotive Technician - Cadillac of Las Vegas
Company: Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Automotive Service Technician is responsible for performing
vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with
dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of
any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and
accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested
by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or
service work is required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined
is not needed or required.
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be
completed within the time promised.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test
technician, keeping in mind that the customer vehicle should not be
used for personal errands.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers' cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean, and be able to account for all
dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations,
such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and
immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or
Keywords: Sonic Automotive, Inc., Las Vegas , Automotive Technician - Cadillac of Las Vegas, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!