The Area Coach oversees operations, financial performance,
training, development, and guest satisfaction of multiple units. He
/ She hires the right people and ensures the restaurant teams
consistently demonstrate and execute behaviors that produce the
culture and results consistent with company standards, policies,
and systems. The AC effectively motivates, communicates, models,
and remove barriers to enable maximum performance, and develops
solutions that drive business results. He / She serves as an
information resource for entire area as well as within the peer
- Coaches and supports the restaurants by providing timely and
consistent development; ensures GM's provide appropriate
development for AM's and other team staff; encourages management
teams to improve performance.
- Utilizes restaurant visit routines as a forum for discussion
- Demonstrates teamwork by holding regular Area meetings.
- Builds people capability through execution of the Bench
- Ensures all GM's and AM's are Serve-Safe certified; ensures all
Team Members and Managers are certified for their role based on
- Effectively communicates brand culture and strategy to
restaurant teams, Senior Area Coach, and COO. Discusses company
goals and performance in Sales meetings and Rallies and ensures
engagement of the entire team.
- Functions as a team builder and coach; recognizes and
eliminates communication barriers.
- Ensures controllable expenses are managed to plan; ensures
reports and tools are consistently and effectively used to meet
- Ensures Area-wide consistency in execution of all marketing
- Develops core learnings and standards. Uses coaching plan,
period, and weekly calendars to drive restaurant visit agendas.
Conducts effective visits and documents visits.
- Demonstrates "POSITIVE ENERGY" by handling customer concerns on
the spot and by helping management teams and Team Members resolve
customer concerns. Recognizes and rewards Customer Mania
- Drives restaurant operations to achieve at or above standard
results. Drives GM and AM accountability for growing sales and
executing standard processes and achieving restaurant metric
standards. Monitors success daily through Area Coach tools.
- Creates and maintains a positive image within the
- Ensures ICOS processes are executed in the restaurant. Utilizes
operating measures to monitor profit variables. Reviews restaurants
Management & Team Member schedule for effectiveness weekly. Ensures
GM manages cash by using brand control procedures and shift drawer
- Uses P&L, and other appropriate reports, to analyze their
business and establish and execute tactics for improvement. Uses
In-Restaurant coaching to improve performance.
- Conducts period and quarterly business reviews to ensure plans
are in place to improve performance.
- This list is not all-inclusive.
- BEHAVIORS: (Including but not limited to the following)
Business Acumen - Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in
current and possible future policies, practices, trends,
technology, and information affecting his/her business and
organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and
tactics work in the marketplace.
Delegation - Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and
important tasks and decisions; broadly shares both responsibility
and accountability; tends to trust people to perform; lets direct
reports and others finish their own work.
Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve
difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful
sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at
honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the
Directing Others - Is good at establishing clear directions;
sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately;
lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains
two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the
best in people; is a clear communicator.
Priority Setting - Spends time on what's important; able to
quickly zero in on the critical few and put the trivial many aside;
can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal;
eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks
and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the
process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments;
anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures
performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Significant communication with restaurant team and keeping SAC,
DO, and COO up to speed on the status of restaurant
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction, and guidance, and
building trusting relationships with restaurant teams. Sets example
of positive employee relations.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with
office support team to enlist expertise in areas of need.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to read, speak and comprehend English.
- Minimum Education: 4-year Degree preferred.
- 2-years Multi-unit experience preferred.
- 5-years Demonstrated Restaurant Operations Experience
- Must maintain current Health Card according to state or local
- Must have reliable transportation and maintain a valid Driver's
License and Insurance.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check including MVR.
- Must pass/maintain SERV Safe Certification.
Diversified Restaurant Group is a people first company! We pride
ourselves on being a large company with a small company feel. Every
person that works here is part of the DRG Family! What started as a
30-unit Taco Bell business in 2012, has since grown into a 240+
unit, multi-brand operation. DRG currently operates Taco Bell
restaurants in California, Kansas, Missouri, and Nevada along with
Arby's restaurants in Alaska, California, and Nevada. We have more
than 6,000 team members and continue to grow every day!
DISCLAIMER: You are applying to Diversified Restaurant Group, a
franchisee of Taco Bell and Arby's Corp. If hired, the franchisee
will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business
owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary