Human Resource Coordinator - Part-time
Company: Pacific Seafood
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Provides HR support to the Distribution branch by assisting in
HR efforts related to recruiting, onboarding, HRIS administration,
benefits, training, and employee relations, in alignment with Team
Member Services (TMS), company policy and business goals &
objectives. Additionally, is the first point of contact for our
team members and is responsible for providing administrative
support in a timely, confidential, and professional manner with a
spirit of teamwork and excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group
Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork)
and promote teamwork at all times.
- Perform team member service support functions by answering team
member requests and questions; investigate and respond to employee
issues and concerns.
- In consultation with the Divisional HR Manager, manage employee
relations matters to ensure consistent practices. Conduct
investigations, present findings, and assist with determining the
appropriate corrective action and resolution. Assist with team
member coaching, corrective actions, improvement plans, and
- Provide termination support, including preparing necessary
documentation and assisting with exit meetings.
- Partner with team member services and branch management to
develop recruitment and advertising strategies for job
- Support the talent acquisition process; work with hiring
managers to develop job descriptions, post open positions, attend
career fairs and other hiring events, screen applicants, and assist
with interviewing; maintain recruiting documentation in accordance
with company policy.
- Facilitate candidate pre-screening, new hire orientation and
- Maintain accurate employee data in company HRIS system;
including personal data, job and comp data, and time and attendance
- Assist team members with initial and open enrollment and
partner with Team Member Services during annual open enrollment
- Prepare and maintain personnel files, including workers
compensation, confidential, and Form I-9 records.
- Assist with the preparation, update, and training of company
policies and procedures.
- Processes department mail, makes photocopies, faxes documents,
composes spreadsheets, reports, and correspondence, and performs
other clerical functions.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum three years Human Resources experience.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university.
- Previous HR experience in a manufacturing, processing, or
- Bilingual written, verbal, and reading skills in English and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the team member is:
- Sedentary work, walking and standing are required only
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible
amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull
or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working,
primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or
important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed
information through oral communication, and to make the
discriminations in sound.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing
and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer
terminal; extensive reading.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the
wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those a team member encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this Job, the team member is exposed to:
- Work in an office setting.
- Work around standard office equipment.
- Noise level is usually quiet
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your
overall compensation package. When you add in the additional
benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your
total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical,
prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company
profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid
sick, vacation and personal time
- 6 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional
counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge
to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Pacific Seafood, Las Vegas , Human Resource Coordinator - Part-time, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!