Security Officer Bike (The Cromwell)
Company: Caesars Entertainment
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Security Bike Officers main function is to provide a friendly
and safe environment for our guests and team members while
protecting company assets.
Security Bike Officers will perform all duties in accordance with
Caesars Entertainment policies and procedures, and within the realm
of the Caesars Entertainment mission statement.
Security Bike Officers will routinely patrol assigned areas while
providing guest assistance, being alert for suspicious
circumstances or individuals, gaming violations, possible theft,
safety hazards or related concerns, medical emergencies, or damage
to Caesars Entertainment properties.
The Security Bike Officer must know where all emergency equipment
and exists are (phones, fire extinguishers, emergency exits, etc.).
Any incident which would warrant security intervention will be
immediately relayed to Security Dispatch by the observing Officer.
Regardless of where an Officer is assigned, the Security Officer
should be prepared to respond to assist fellow Officers at any
Security Bike Officers will display a professional, courteous, and
a respectful demeanor at all times. S/he will maintain general
security of the outside areas ensuring they are visible to the
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet guests and fellow team members with a friendly and
- Continuously patrol the property to ensure the safety of our
guests and team members and to uphold established laws, policies,
- Exercises good judgment in solving problems and display a
realistic understanding of the issues before them. He or she must
be able to facilitate resolution of customer complaints through
personal action and coordination with other departments.
- Acts as an ambassador of Caesars Entertainment by providing
accurate and detailed directions with respect to property
attractions and amenities.
- Maintains a well groomed appearance which reflects the
professional appearance and demeanor of the Security
- The Security Bike Officer will be provided with a bike and
equipment. It will be their responsibility to care for and maintain
all issued equipment. At the beginning of their shift, the Security
Bike Officer should ensure all his or her equipment is in proper
working order, and at the start of the shift, the Security Bike
Officer will inspect equipment for serviceability and will
immediately report any problems to a Security Shift Supervisor or
Security Shift Manager.
- Charged with the safety and security of all exterior areas of
the property remaining alert to any criminal activities or
undesirable elements. The Security Bike Officer will patrol the
outside areas including the inspection of exterior doors, bushes,
and trees and loading docks for guests, contraband, and unsafe
- The Security Bike Officer will be highly visible at all times
to deter possible physical assaults against guests and
- Upon completion of their shift, the Security Bike Officer will
secure their bike and equipment in the designated area.
- During inclement weather or at the direction of a Supervisor,
the Security Bike Officer will use a vehicle (if available) to
patrol their assigned areas.
- The Security Bike Officer will complete a Vehicle Inspection
sheet noting any damage to the vehicle or discrepancies in assigned
- Responsible for the control of traffic on property and will
keep Security Management advised of parking and/or traffic
- May be authorized to go off property for company business such
as probable cause transport, vehicle maintenance and refueling, and
other miscellaneous errands.
- Provides assistance to civil and law enforcement authorities,
including testimony in court and other administrative
- Provide medical assistance, without hesitation, following
proper procedures and techniques as a First Responder to persons in
need, including First Aid and CPR, when necessary.
- Interviews, investigates, and documents all applicable
incidents which require Security intervention in accordance with
company and department policy.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Meets the required attendance guidelines for the job and adhere
to all company and department policies and procedures.
- Responds to areas of need when dispatched, in a timely
- May conduct slot, pit poker, and other drops in compliance with
Nevada Gaming law and departmental procedures.
- Must be able to follow and comply with the departmental policy
concerning the Use of Force with respect to the arrest and
detention of individuals who violate laws and/or company
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job
description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainments employment process, finalist
candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background
check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc.
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required
- Two years experience in a position with direct guest contact
- Prefer individual with two years police, military police, or
casino security experience
- Prior experience is a position with direct guest contact is
- Ability to manage several tasks at once
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills along
with a good working knowledge of basic computer programs
- Must be able to obtain and possess a Nevada Gaming Card, an
Alcohol Awareness Card (AES), First Aid & CPR certifications, and
have a current and valid Nevada Drivers License.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift
- Must present a well groomed appearance.
- Must undergo eight (8) hours of ASP (baton) training
- Must be able to prepare effective written reports
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts.
- Must be able to work and stand inside and outside, sometimes in
heat in excess of 115 degrees, or cold as low as 10 degrees.
- Must be able to physically restrain individuals when a
condition of arrest exists.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful
situations and be able to make rational decisions when handling
guest and employee issues.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, twist, crouch, grip, carry
heavy loads and maneuver quickly on level surfaces, as well as, up
and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds. Must be able to
push or pull up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to see and, also, remember the specific details of
incidents and persons. Must be able to give court testimony when
necessary and write detailed reports.
- The Security Officer must be able to read, write, speak and
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke,
high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must pass the physical and written testing of the Western
Division Security Academy (Controlled Force, Defensive Tactics,
Legal Issues, Handcuffing, Tactical Communications, Use of Force,
Report Writing, Searching Subjects, Emergency Response, Ethics, and
Expandable Baton) within the first ninety days of employment.
- Must re-certify, between years 2 and 3, through the Western
Division Security Academy, and must pass all physical, mental and
environmental demands as required.
- Must maintain the Bike / Mobile Unit in a safe manner, adhering
to all mandatory safety requirements inclusive of proper helmet
wear, and state and local seat belt requirements.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES (PLEASE LIST POSITION TITLES): NONE
Keywords: Caesars Entertainment, Las Vegas , Security Officer Bike (The Cromwell), Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!