Customer Service Representative
Company: NYU Langone
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 13, 2021
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered,
integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in
clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200
locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient
locations, a childrens hospital, three emergency rooms and a level
1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and
Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute
designated cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine,
which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists
who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more
information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on
Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior
Customer Service Representative in Nevada.
In this role, the successful candidate will act as a primary
contact for NYU Langone patients who have questions about their
balances, benefits, and insurance. Answer phone calls and/or
electronic messages and follow-up on issues which could include
submitting bills, calling insurance, correcting information, making
outbound calls to patients, and entering detailed information in
the billing system as assigned by management. Follow established
protocols/scripts and handle issues in prescribed timelines but use
independent judgement to resolve patient inquiries to maintain
high-levels of patient satisfaction. The representative will
establish and maintain effective relationships with patients and
their families via active listening, empathy, rapport, courtesy and
professionalism. The candidate will also work closely with customer
service representatives to assist with daily operations.
- Perform billing tasks assigned by management which includes
answering calls, logging call data into Customer Relationship
Management (CRM) software, entering data, making outbound calls to
patients and following-up on open issues, processes credit card
payments, and/or other related responsibilities.
- Provide input on system edits, processes, policies, and billing
procedures to ensure that we maintain high-levels of patient
satisfaction and reduced call volume.
- Perform daily tasks in assigned work queues and according to
- Identify payer and provider credentialing issues and address
them with management.
- Follow workflows provided in training classes and request
additional training, management assistance, and medical coding
expertise as needed.
- Responsible for assisting the Customer Service
Representative(s) handle complex issues, and be able to escalate /
deescalate as necessary
- Utilize CBO Pathways and resources guide to determine the
actions needed to resolve patient balances and/or questions
- Enter account notes using standard formatting in Epic CRM
and/or other systems.
- Review unpaid balances and unresolved patient inquiries and
make outbound calls to patients following established
- Ensure that items in assigned work queue(s) are resolved within
required timeframes using payer website, billing systems, and CBO
- Adhere to general practices, operational policies and
procedures, FGP guidelines on compliance issues and patient
confidentiality, and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with providers, patients, coders, collection
agencies, or other responsible persons to ensure that claims are
correctly processed by third party payers
- Work with management to develop processes and workflows to
improve how we can better service patients.
- Cross cover other areas in the office as assigned by management
including Accounts Receivable/Denials or Authorizations.
- Responsible to review accounts to identify billing
- Maintains a positive relationship with other teams within the
central billing office and customer service representatives.
- Participate in workgroups and meetings. Attend all required
- Read and apply policies and procedures to make appropriate
- Coordinate functions and work cooperatively with others.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or GED. Experience
in customer service, medical billing, accounts receivable,
insurance, or related duties; Knowledge of CPT and ICD10 utilized
in medical billing; English usage, grammar and spelling; basic
math; 3 years experience in a similar role.
Strong critical thinking and effective listening skills
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Epic systems experience preferred
Microsoft Office experience preferred
Strong PC skills preferred
Foreign language preferred
Recent experience in a major inbound call center preferred
Some knowledge of CPT and ICD10 preferred
Some knowledge of Healthcare revenue cycle / professional billing
Professional demeanor and positive attitude required
Willingness to work a flexible schedule required
Team Oriented required
Adaptable to change
Self-control and patience
Strong Time management skills
Ability to operate under stressful conditions
NYU Langone Nevada is opening a new state-of-the art Business
office in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Center will be a 180+ seat office
that provides services to support our physician network in several
disciplines. The new center will be staffed with a team ready to
provide patients and providers with an exceptional high quality,
friendly and efficient experience using the latest equipment and
Keywords: NYU Langone, Las Vegas , Customer Service Representative, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!