Reliance Aerotech Services is seeking a well
qualified structural engineer to provide technical/engineering
expertise on fighter jet aircraft. Workscope is including but not
limited to, structures, avionics, flight controls, engine, air
conditioning and pressurization, fire protection, fuel, hydraulics,
landing gear, and related systems. Coordinates activities with the
maintenance function to ensure that work plans are developed to
enable successful maintenance operations. Interprets engineering
requirements and engineering specifications in support of cost,
quality, schedule and safety goals while ensuring that processes
meet the design criteria. Translates engineering requirements into
manufacturing plans and work instructions for the maintenance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage all
aspects of multiple aviation engineering projects including project
plans, technical drawings, specific project costing, resources and
delivery of outcomes.
• Hold regular
cross-functional project meetings to review and update project
schedule and delivery, risks, issues, actions status, logistics,
resources, and objectives. Makes presentations/briefings on
• Assures early
problem identification and implementation of corrective
project work scope, develops statements of work, task descriptions,
design plans, cost estimates and manpower requirements.
• Provides the
necessary technical and engineering guidance to meet schedules and
reports to management on key project accomplishments and
project related engineering data to assure compliance with
corporate policies and FAA/military requirements as
conceptual design to meet requirements. Analyzes project proposal
to determine feasibility, cost, and production time.
selected product design for conformance to engineering principles,
customer requirements, quality standards, and specifications.
Evaluates and recommends approval of design changes and drawing
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Systems
- 5 years minimum experience as an Engineer in an aerospace
- Experience with the F-16 strongly desired
- Familiarity with FAA Supplemental Type Certificate Process for
design data, prototype, installation and approval (CFR Part 21
Subpart E and AC 21-40A) a plus
- Experience with ASME Y14.5 GD&T, DoD Standards.
- Must have experience with modeling, drafting and
- Must be proficient in Solidworks to create parts, assemblies
- Must have strong understanding of Engineering processes
including design, development, and testing
- Must work well in teams and have the ability to lead
- Must be eligible for a government security clearance.
- Must pass a DOT/FAA pre employment drug screen