Central Billing Office - Billing Representative - Authorizations
Company: NYU Langone Health
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: October 10, 2021
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Faculty Group
Practice Billing Representative.
In this role, the successful candidate will submit claims.
Follows-up on unpaid balances (insurance or patient), corrects
errors, enters claim information, submits
authorization/precertification requests with insurance companies,
follows up on denied claims and/or authorizations, and submits
appeals as necessary.
- Cross cover other areas in the office as assigned by management
including Accounts Receivable/Denials, Customer Service or
- Make appropriate corrections to system to satisfy/edit payer
requirements and re-submit claims as needed.
- Appeal complex denials through review of payer policies,
coding, contracts, and medical records. Utilize subject matter
experts as needed.
- Assist department supervisor on special projects and staff
- Responsible for assisting the professional billing staff within
the CBO with difficult and escalated issues.
- Participate in workgroups and meetings. Attend all required
training classes. Escalate issues to management as needed. Maintain
confidentiality. Read and apply policies and procedures to make
appropriate decisions. Coordinate functions and work cooperatively
with others. Explain processes and procedures to others; performs
other related duties as assigned.
- Work following operational policies and procedures, and
- Communicate with providers, patients, coders, or other
responsible persons to ensure that claims are correctly processed
by third party payers.
- Adhere to general practices and FGP guidelines on compliance
issues and patient confidentiality.
- Review reports to identify revenue opportunities and unpaid
- Utilize CBO Pathways as guide for determining actions needed to
resolve unpaid or incorrectly paid claims and/or for authorizing
procedures in assigned workqueue(s) using payer websites, billing
system information and training within expected timeframe;
- Follow workflows provided in training classes and request
additional training as needed.
- Identify payer, provider credentialing, and/or coding issues
and address them with management.
- Perform daily tasks in assigned work queues and according to
- Provide input on system edits, processes, policies, and billing
procedures to ensure maximization of revenues.
- Perform billing tasks assigned by management which may include
data entry, claim review, charge review, accounts receivable
follow-up, or other related responsibilities.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or GED. Experience
in medical billing, accounts receivable, insurance, or related
duties; Knowledge of CPT and ICD10; medical billing software;
English usage, grammar and spelling; basic math; 3 years experience
in a similar role.
Keywords: NYU Langone Health, Las Vegas , Central Billing Office - Billing Representative - Authorizations, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!