Emergency Medical Technician
Company: Global Medical Response
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is
at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and
foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams
deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas
of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We
provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services,
integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
As a Paramedic, you will be responding to emergent and non-emergent
requests for medical assistance and delivers high quality patient
care, treatment, and customer service in the most expedient,
professional, safe, caring, and cost effective manner possible
within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and
Las Vegas Incentives & Benefits Offered:
- Up to $12,500, Paramedic sign on bonus, paid out very
quickly! Full time, One Year commitment.
- Shifts: rotating 3/4 4/3, 12 hours.
- Free in-house continuing education courses.
- Tuition reimbursement programs.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Emergency response teams deployment
- Medical, dental & vision - cost share / 401k
- This list goes on!
• Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and
• Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator,
EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR
and other procedures and medications as required to provide
advanced medical care.
• Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency
• Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety
• Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
• Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction
and to provide critical information.
• Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit
management as needed.
• Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize
call response time.
• Continuously maintain all required certifications.
• Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it
clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image
• Document activities with regard to patient care and billing
completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding
• Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and
• Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when
determining transportation destinations.
• Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account
manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient
• Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in
quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
• Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in
various environments to interview patient, family members, and
• Discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to
patient's condition and to the treatment given.
• Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as
to status of patient.
• Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
• Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical
stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely
affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and
balance at times.
• Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of
equipment and other objects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS .
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Current Nevada state Paramedic License and/or National
• Possess a valid Driver's License.
• Current American Heart Association, BCLS, ACLS, PALS
• Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL
Working Conditions: Available to work days, nights, weekends and
holidays, extended workdays. Long periods inside the ambulance. May
work indoors or outdoors with exposure to weather. Possible routine
exposure to moderate noise levels. May periodically work in poorly
lit environments in a moving vehicle.
Physical Demands: Moderate to extended amounts of sitting,
standing, and walking. Some repetitive motion activities. Routinely
lifting more than 200 lbs. with assistance. Pushing, pulling,
reaching, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting,
carrying, typing and stair climbing. Visual identification of
color-coded items. Clear speech and hearing. Must be able to wear a
face mask or respirator with proper fit for extended periods when
Mental Requirements: Critical thinking skills with the ability to
use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Fatigue, high pressure, exposure to stressful situations.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our
patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no
individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and
preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in
how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the
communities we serve.
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination is NOT a condition of employment,
or for consideration for employment with the GMR Family of
However, upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you
will be required to submit your COVID-19 vaccination status of
either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Las Vegas , Emergency Medical Technician, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!