Company: Global Medical Response
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: October 10, 2021
We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical
professionals and leaders! Our mission of providing care to the
world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We
are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you
need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response
teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the
areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the
world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire
services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) responds to emergent and
non-emergent requests for medical assistance and delivers high
quality patient care, treatment, and customer service in the most
expedient, professional, safe, caring, and cost effective manner
possible within the prescribed scope of practice, established
protocols and Company policies.
Las Vegas and North Las Vegas, Nevada
Not limited to:
• EMT Follows and maintains thorough familiarity with evolving
medical treatment protocols, response requirements, quality
assurance procedures, local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and
other Company policies.
• Continuously maintains the level and type of certification(s)
consistent with performing the duties of an EMT.
• Operates Company vehicles in accordance with Risk & Safety
policies; is familiar with and abides by traffic laws governing the
operation of emergency response vehicles.
• Maintains a driving record in compliance with Risk & Safety
• Develops ability to locate addresses quickly and safely through
knowledge of number systems and street layouts with and without the
assistance of maps and electronic mapping devices.
• Performs beginning of shift checks to ensure the ambulance is in
a state of mechanical readiness; tops off fluids as necessary;
ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are on board .
• Reports immediately to the Supervisor any discrepancies in
vehicle, equipment or supplies standards that could compromise the
unit's ability to complete a call.
• Notifies Fleet Maintenance/Supervisor of mechanical failures of
the ambulance and equipment
• Ensures the ambulance is cleaned inside and outside, restocked,
tagged as necessary, and fueled at the end of each shift.
• Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in Company
• Reports problems or unusual occurrences immediately to the
• Fosters and maintains cooperative working relationships with
peers, facility staff and public safety personnel.
• EMT will maintain complete and accurate documentation of patient
assessment and treatment
• Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient
statistical and billing information and services rendered.
• Uses/operates appropriate communications equipment, medical
equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools.
• EMT appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway
equipment/airway bag, splints, bandages, and medications in
rendering proper emergency medical treatment of patients within
- Experience: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Credentials/Licenses: Valid Driver's License, State EMT
certification, National Registry Certificate preferred, and AHA
CPR/BLS certifications. Other certifications as required by local
City, County or State.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS:
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our
patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no
individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and
preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in
how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the
communities we serve.
Reports to: Field Operations Supervisor
Interrelationships: Operations Management and Administration
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination is NOT a condition of employment,
or for consideration for employment with the GMR Family of
However, upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you
will be required to submit your COVID-19 vaccination status of
either vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Las Vegas , Ambulance Paramedic, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!