Company: Desert Lumber & Truss
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Start building your career today! Response time, knowledge, and
value are principles that have kept Desert Companies on the cutting
edge of the construction market since 1989. While many companies
sell building materials, we also offer our customers a competitive
advantage and strategically help them maximize their investment. By
providing the best customer satisfaction possible, we are able to
invest in our employees, their families, and strengthen the Las
Vegas community. Desert Companies is a division of US LBM
What you should know about working a Desert
- We’re all about teamwork! All positions
are hands-on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other! We have local and
corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on
projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere. This is not
a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our
divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the
communities where we live and work.
- We work hard! We are a continuous
improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping
organized and on task.
- We’re built on safety. We provide a safe
and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home
in the same condition they came to work.
How you will spend your day as a
- Oversees all work activities and personnel in the assigned
- Establishes work schedule and develops a cost effective plan to
meet the location goals.
- Maintains equipment and machinery.
- Supervises personnel and ensures adherence to company and
department policies and procedures; performs personnel management
duties including hiring, training, completing disciplinary reports,
- Monitors all costs and inventory levels.
- Ensures that excellent customer relations and satisfactory
services are provided.
- Oversees the delivery operation including the drivers, truck
repair and maintenance.
- Compiles data and prepares various reports.
- Maintains all necessary records.
- Assists with inventory and purchasing functions as
- Adheres to established safety rules and regulations and follows
all safety procedures; maintain a safe environment.
- Complies with Company’s attendance policy by maintaining
regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check
all of these boxes?
- Minimum education required—High School Diploma with 3 years of
additional advanced training in building materials component
assembly and production.
- Minimum experience required— 3 years of supervisory experience
in the building supply industry with an emphasis component
production and assembly. Supervising a workforce in excess of 50
- Proficient comprehension of measurements and basic math
principles. Understanding of the operation, troubleshooting
and repair of related machinery and equipment. Should possess
excellent oral communication and interpersonal/ customer service
skills. Knowledge of inventory control, negotiations and
purchases. Must be computer literate.
- Performing various duties throughout manufacturing process for
training and relief purposes.
- Physical demands include exposure to extreme temperatures, lift
up to 100 lbs. or more on a repetitive basis, also perform duties
that require constant movement, squatting and twisting.
Ear protection required when exposed to noise for an extended
period of time, eye protection and hard sole shoes required at all
times. Overtime work could be involved.
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision
(starting the 1st of the month after 30 days).
- The Good. 401(k) with company match.
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed
- Even Better. Employee Discounts and
- How do we top that? We support your
educational and career goals with our continuing educations
programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With Desert
Desert is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified
We are committed to being a welcoming workplace that includes
partnering with individuals with diverse backgrounds and
experiences. This helps us hold our mission of being the Employer
of Choice while providing our employees with the ability to build
their career. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veteran and persons
with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Desert Lumber & Truss, Las Vegas , Manufacturing Supervisor, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!