Patient Support Center Representative
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: October 12, 2021
**Remote/Work From Home Opportunity ** OVERVIEW OF POSITION: As
a Patient Support Center Representative, you will be responsible
for acting as a patient advocate to help resolve patient issues
pertaining to claims, benefit referrals, physicians and access. You
will also be responsible for managing high volume of inbound calls,
enter patient information into information systems, and resolve
caller's issues with outstanding customer service skills. In
addition, serve as a liaison between the patient and other
departments and Optum sites. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: - Consistently
exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum's
commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care
and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Multi-task utilizing double monitors for data entry, phone
etiquette, and use of resources while maintaining proper
- Provides services to internal and external customers involving
the exchange of complex and sensitive information while acting as
- Assists other Patient Support Center Representatives and
Supervisors with daily paperwork load as needed to resolve and/or
document patient issues.
- Exchanges complex and sensitive information with internal and
external customers while acting as a patient advocate.
- Recognizes financial, medical and legal risks based on data
collected during customer interactions and follows appropriate
- Meet department goals which include but not limited to call
volume, accuracy, quality, and attendance.
- Answers customer calls to address inquiries and concerns within
set productivity guidelines. Accesses Language Line for non-English
patients as needed.
- Resolves a wide variety of customer service issues.
- Utilizes Optum systems to resolve customer needs such as
appointments, authorizations, claims, invoices, eligibility,
benefits, appeals, TARs.
- Utilizes customer service module.
- Utilizes resource center and relevant websites.
- Translates oral information into concise and accurate written
documentation per guidelines.
- Assists new or potential members in the choice of PCP and
supplies general information about medical group.
- Pages clinicians and assists Telehealth Nurses as necessary
(e.g., arranging DME, transportation and HH).
- Data enters PCP changes into the system and processes paperwork
- Completes end-of-shift report and communicates information to the
next shift operations.
- Accesses language line for non-English patients as needed.
- Understands the roles and responsibilities of HCP internal
- Manages own work queues within set productivity guidelines.
- Demonstrates customer service-oriented behavior at all times.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned. EDUCATION: - 1 or 2 years
of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum: - Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years
- Over 2 years of customer service experience.
- Multi-line telephone experience. Preferred: - 1 or more years of
experience in a healthcare setting. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: -
Must pass Patient Support Center screening test.
- Computer literate.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel).
- Strong data entry skills.
- Ability to type 35-40 wpm.
- Ability to work in rotating shifts.
- Customer service-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate active listening skills.
- Excellent telephone skills and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations in a positive
- Ability to maintain composure in a challenging situation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented and task-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Self-motivated and team player.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish, English/Chinese,
English/Korean, etc.) - You will be asked to perform this role in
an office setting or other company location, however, may be
required to work from home temporarily due to space
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be
required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,
Interactive Voice Response (Ie, entering your symptoms via phone
system) or a similar Optum-approved symptom screener. When in an
Optum building, employees are required to wear a mask in common
areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local
masking orders. Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an
entire organization around one giant objective; make health care
work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group
family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds
and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to
reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high
performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter.
Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a
singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM) Diversity
creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical
practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, protected veteran status, disability status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free
workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before
Keywords: Optum, Las Vegas , Patient Support Center Representative, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!