Specialist, Training-Learning & Development
Company: Resorts World Las Vegas
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Training Specialist role is to plan, conduct, and administer
programs that train Team Members and improve their skills and
knowledge. This person will assign, track, and report on training
for the overall Team Member population.Core Job Responsibilities:
At Resorts World Las Vegas, we believe that every member of our
team is an ambassador and is essential to the success of our
company. We expect all Team Members to take personal ownership in
ensuring everything they do is in the best interest of the company
and that all will adhere to our five core non-negotiable
- Everyone is an Ambassador - No matter where you work at Resorts
World Las Vegas, it is your responsibility to treat this property
like you would your own home. No one gets hurt, everyone feels
secure, the environment is clean, and every guest gets what they
- Everyone works in Safety - If you have a safety concern, it is
your responsibility to address it by correcting it or notifying the
appropriate department or individual.
- Everyone works in Security - If you See Something, it is your
responsibility to Say Something. You must notify the appropriate
department or individual if you feel there is a security
- Everyone works in EVS - If there is trash on the floor, it is
your responsibility to pick it up. If it is a mess that needs more
attention, it is your responsibility to notify the appropriate
department or individual.
- Everyone works in Guest Experience - If a guest needs
assistance, it is your responsibility to assist that guest and do
so with a smile. If the guest needs more assistance than you can
provide, it is your responsibility to notify the appropriate
department or individual.*Primary Job Responsibilities - Includes,
but is not limited to:
- Manage Learning Space, Calendar, and Administrative ordering,
stocking, and Learning Management System.
- Support the Training Manager and Director of HR - Learning and
Development in all aspects.
- Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Translate requirements into trainings that will groom employees
for the next step of their career path.
- Build annual training program and prepare teaching plans as
- Develop or oversee the production of classroom handouts,
instructional materials, aids and manuals.
- Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their
- Hold workshops, lectures, and trainings as well conduct
- Acclimate new hires to the business and conduct orientation
- Deliver training courses.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught
skills and techniques into employees work behavior.
- Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure that they
reflect any changes.
- Ensure that Team Members obtain and maintain position-specific
- Obtain and maintain position-specific licensing.
- Use personal device/cellular phone for job related operational
tasks, job duties, review of company documents, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.Required:
- At least three years of Learning & Development or Human
- Ability to design multiple training events in a corporate
setting and present complex information to a variety of
- Working knowledge of instructional design theory and learning
- Ability to master the full training cycle.
- Working knowledge of learning management software and various
training methods and tehcniquies.
- Familiarity with talent management and succession
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Applications (example Word,
- Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Polished appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain full knowledge and understanding
of company and department rules and regulations, policies and
- Ability to successfully mentor a team.
- At least 21 years of age.Preferred:
- Fluent in more than one language (preferred Spanish).
- Previous experience facilitating to adult learners in multiple
ways -i.e. Classroom/Teams/etc.
- Previous Experience managing employees using a collective
bargaining agreement .
- Previous experience working in a large, luxury resort
setting.Job Type: Full-timePay: $19.00 - $59.00 per hourBenefits:
- Health insuranceWork Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Resorts World Las Vegas, Las Vegas , Specialist, Training-Learning & Development, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!