DME Customer Order Specialist- Remote
Company: Kestra Medical Technologies, Inc.
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Kestra team has over 400 years of experience in the external
and internal cardiac medical device markets. The company was
founded in 2014 by industry leaders inspired by the opportunity to
unite modern wearable technologies with proven device therapies.
Kestra's solutions combine high quality and technical performance
with a wearable design that provides the greatest regard for
patient comfort and dignity. Innovating versatile new ways to
deliver care, Kestra is helping patients and their care teams
harmoniously monitor, manage, and protect life.
The Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Customer Order Specialist is
responsible for performing all tasks and communication related to
intake and processing of prescriptions and/or physician work
orders, as well as patient information concerning the rental of
durable medical equipment. This role regularly communicates with
patients, health care providers, Team Members, Health Insurance
(payor) representatives and referral sources as it relates to
competently and efficiently requesting and obtaining payor prior
authorizations on behalf of patients in a friendly, caring, and
professional manner. Frequently, this position discusses insurance
benefits, out-of-pocket costs, deductibles, and payment methods
with patients. The DME Customer Order Specialist is knowledgeable
in Kestra DME offerings, its features and benefits, and process to
uphold its standards for excellence.
- Coordinate with sales representatives, physician's office, and
applicable internal/external personnel in regard to medical records
and information needed to obtain pre-authorization and benefits
upon intake of new patient referrals. Confirm medical records meet
medical necessity based on applicable insurance guidelines.
Promptly follow-up on patient referrals, physician prescriptions
and/or physician work orders
- Verify eligibility and benefits of patient health insurance
specific to Durable Medical Equipment (DME) by contacting insurance
companies by phone, accessing insurance website portals, and
utilizing Kestra's medical billing software. Responsible for
verification of active coverage, deductibles, accumulations,
coinsurance, and pre-authorization requirements.
- Initiate, track, and complete pre-authorizations requests,
including notifying applicable parties of the determination. Assist
with appeals for Prior Authorization denials.
- Upon authorization, place orders for Durable Medical Equipment,
notify, and dispatch patient product fitters.
- Review information and/or reports to confirm scheduled fitters
arrive at destination in a timely manner.
- Review "Delivery Tickets" to confirm they were completed
accurately and signed.
- Perform data entry into medical billing software and other
software (Salesforce) including patient demographics, prescribing
physician's information, insurance payor information, HCPCS
procedure codes, ICD-10 diagnosis codes, etc.
- Regularly contact and communicate with Team Members, insurance
companies, vendors, sales representatives, doctor's offices,
practitioners, clearinghouses, billers, and other applicable
companies and associates. Send updates on prior authorizations,
claims, patient benefits, orders, and other information as
- Regularly communicate with patients to discuss their insurance
benefits, out-of-pocket costs, and product payment
- Escalate issues within insurance carriers when not able to
obtain reasonable information
- Answer incoming phone calls to office and route messages
- Routinely export/import data from one software to another
- Create forms through auto-populating data into custom
- Perform detailed notetaking with high accuracy on pertinent
- Utilize Adobe Acrobat Pro to create and edit PDF files:
insert/move/delete pages; edit/add/redact text; save meta data,
create templates, export/import data through plugin, etc.
- Consistently follow up with patients to confirm patient
- Accurately complete forms/applications and send out to
- Exercise patience and empathy when communicating with patients
- Be aware of and adapt to changes in medical regulations and
- Participate in on-call and off hours coverage. Hours on-call
and worked may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Adhere to Pledge of Confidentiality
- Information regarding a patient of this company shall not be
released to any source outside of this company without the signed
permission of the patient. Furthermore, information will only be
released internally on a need-to-know basis. All Team Members will
not discuss patient cases outside the office or with anyone not
employed by this company unless they are directly involved with the
- Passion: Contagious excitement about the company - sense of
urgency. Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Integrity: Commitment, accountability, and dedication to the
highest ethical standards.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Inclusion of Team Member regardless of
geography, position, and product or service.
- Action/Results: High energy, decisive planning, timely
- Innovation: Generation of new ideas from original
- Customer Focus: Exceed customer expectations, quality of
products, services, and experience always present of mind.
- Emotional Intelligence: Recognizes, understands, manages one's
own emotions and is able to influence others. A critical skill for
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of experience with Insurance
verifications, which include gathering prior authorization required
documents and submitting/following-up prior authorizations requests
- Direct experience using payor portals
- Highly accurate with pertinent information. e.g. reference #s,
dates, spelling of names, ID#s, phone #s, email addresses
- Consistently detailed oriented and thorough.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, to include
- Advanced reading and comprehension abilities
- Advanced analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Advanced multi-tasking skills
- Advanced organizational and prioritization skills, with strong
ability to meet strict deadlines
- Proficient typing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe
Acrobat, general internet research, and beginner knowledge of
- Familiarity with PDF editing
- Experience with HCPCS procedure codes and ICD-10 codes
- Remote, yet fast paced work environment
- Noise level typical of an open office environment
- Frequent repetitive motions that may include wrists, hands
and/or fingers, such as keyboard and mouse usage
- Frequent stationary position, often sitting for prolonged
periods of time
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds
- Occasional travel, less than 5%
Keywords: Kestra Medical Technologies, Inc., Las Vegas , DME Customer Order Specialist- Remote, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!