Spring 2022 Internship: Editorial - Remote
Company: Bandsintown Group
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Do you know about all of the best bands before your friends do?
Are you looking to get published with a byline on a music outlet?
Do you go to concerts more than anyone you know? Can you write with
energy, boldness, and a sense of humor? Do you like every genre
under the sun?
Bandsintown is looking for remote spring interns to join the
content team. Our ideal candidate would answer "Yes" to all of the
questions above. The Editorial Intern will report to the Editorial
+ Events Director and should be a creative, independent
self-starter who is passionate about music, writing, and events.
This internship is perfect for someone looking to learn more about
the music industry, develop valuable relationships, and learn about
working in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate is interested in expanding skills related to
the music industry, artist relations, digital and email marketing,
and editorial process. You should be forward-thinking,
detail-oriented, organized, and passionate.
Candidates must be enrolled in an internship program through an
accredited educational program. The Bandsintown Editorial
internship is unpaid for credit; at least 20 hours per week are
- Curating and maintaining editorial calendars
- Helping source artists for livestream events
- Conducting interviews with bands
- Writing copy for blog posts
- Fact checking
- Copywriting for email blasts
- Managing contact databases
- Brainstorming larger features for artists
- Staying on top of the latest in live music trends
- You must be enrolled in an internship course for the term and
eligible to receive credit for your time with Bandsintown
- Excellent written and communication skills and a dedication to
publishing work, which is always of the highest quality, on tight
- Passion for music of all genres
- Experience with Google Drive and social media platforms
- Access to your own computer with reliable internet
Not required, but a plus:
- Currently contributes to music blog or website
- Attends live shows several times per week
- Major in Music Journalism, Writing, Creative Writing, English,
Marketing, Social Media, possible minor in Music
- Experience in conducting interviews
- Receive an internship 'syllabus' on your first day
- Free passes to local shows
- Ongoing check-ins with your internship manager
- Optional career development / resume review with Editorial
- Work with a recognizable product / brand that music fans
Keywords: Bandsintown Group, Las Vegas , Spring 2022 Internship: Editorial - Remote, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!