Company: First Transit
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 15, 2022
First things -First: Who are we? -
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation
contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have
supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around
expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today,
we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million
passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states,
Puerto -Rico -and Canada. -
About the Position -
The Operations Supervisor is in charge of all day-to-day field
operations. This includes the field direction and guidance of all
staff to maintain high levels of customer service and efficiency in
a safe manner. They are responsible for driver check-in processes
and assignment of work and mandatory overtime assignment if
- Always demonstrates and promotes a safe team-oriented
- Responsible for the check-in process of drivers including
adherence fitness for duty inspection, uniform and credential
check, and assignment of buses
- Coordinates bus rotation and trips by the assignment of CSR
personnel and vehicles.
- Monitors crowd volume and make rotational adjustments to make
sure passengers do not wait on the curb.
- Ensures that drivers follow through with established bus
rotation and customer service expectations.
- Observe safety practices of personnel and take corrective
action when necessary.
- Assists General Manager during training sessions and one on one
- Assist passenger with luggage when necessary
- May interact with airport officials on routine matters during
- Monitors break times for drivers and manage the process to
ensure all staff gets their entitled break time.
- Assists with dispatch supervisors when the need arises
including wheelchair assistance calls to the appropriate
- May manage location under the overall direction of the Contract
- Ensures that the system meets airport requirements as defined
by the contract.
- May participate in disciplinary actions including discharge
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a CDL A or B Operator's license with P required
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be available to work shifts that can start at any hour (24
- Must be able to work without direct supervision and in a
- Must have excellent communication skills and conflict
- Ability to communicate with passengers and supervisors
including use of a two-way radio and PA system effectively and
- Able to work all shift hours and days assigned.
First for a Reason - -
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on
role, location, and business), including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
Diversity & Inclusion -
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where
all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and
diverse working environment for everyone every day. -
Professional Advancement -
Start here. Go far. -We believe in promoting from within, -which
-means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong
presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring
Manager Program prepares future leaders at -First Transit. -
Extensive Training -
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security,
injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact -
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the
heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First
Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact
on others. -
About First -America -
First is the -largest passenger transportation company in North
America, we provide -passenger transport -and maintenance services
to municipalities, school districts, and the -general public -in
the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in
Cincinnati, OH, and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200
locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces. - -
Apply today and get your career on the road with First -Transit!
- - - - - - - - -
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Las Vegas , Operations Supervisor, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!