Machine Operator (Nights)
Company: Liturgical Publications, Inc.
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 16, 2022
In this role, the Bindery Operator will be responsible for the
operation and maintenance of the folding and booklet bindery
equipment. This position will also interpret orders to determine
document arrangement and number of copies.
In this role, you will
* Set up and operates equipment as trained in accordance with
managements direction, job specifications, safe operating
guidelines, and LPi processes to provide high quality printed
* Responsible for turning on and setting-up collating machines
according to the press run list, add or remove paper grids, set for
the size of paper to collate, stitch type, and trim and fold for
the job to be performed.
* Load uncollated copies into collating machine and feed tray while
following specified page order so that each page is fed into a
separate feed tray.
* Run single sets of copies to calibrate the job.
* Operates the machine to collate the publications, following
standard operating procedures, and checks for correct information
by continually monitoring finished copes for quality and
* Maintain logs for production measures and history of equipment,
parts, and repairs.
* Troubleshoot and performs maintenance, including cleaning the
* Boxes, labels, and prepares collated publications for
* Actively participate in continuous improvement and collaborates
cross functionally and cross- center to further generate ideas and
A successful candidate will have:
* High school diploma or GED
* Previous bindery or collating experience
* Basic computer knowledge
* Dependable self-starter
* Excellent time management skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* Ability to apply written instructions to machine setup and
* Skills to set up, operate and maintain collating equipment
* Understating of the flow of product and associated
* Knowledge of quality parameters for printed materials processed
though collating area
* Knowledge and skills related to continuous improvement including:
waste reduction, 5S, standardization, point-of-use storage, quality
at the source, etc.
* Must be able to speak and read English
LPi is the industry leader in stewardship communication, helping
parishes create vibrant communities. At LPi, we believe vibrant
employees matter! We are passionate, possess a positive team
spirit, demonstrate servant leadership throughout the organization,
embrace change and we love to have fun! Our products include
ad-supported church bulletins, websites and newsletters, mobile
phone applications, web-based church management solutions,
offertory campaigns and stewardship workshops.
Embracing Our Differences. Changing The World.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Liturgical Publications, Inc., Las Vegas , Machine Operator (Nights), Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!