Engineer V, Systems Engineering-Remote
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: August 5, 2022
The Engineer V, Systems Engineering is an experienced
professional who participates in leading, creating and extending
Omnicell products. This person is an engineer who has a holisitic
view of overall system design that extends across multiple products
and services. They use industry best practices and lead others to
design and test system strategies for Omnicell across product
lines. The Systems Engineer works closely with program management,
software engineering, hardware engineering, and total product
validation teams throughout the product development lifecycle to
ensure that products meet overall system objectives.
- Facilitate a team on the creation of systems architectures,
functional diagrams and the requirement decomposition process to
create complete and testable requirements.
- Provide strong technical leadership to the team with respect to
predictive engineering, systems modeling, risk management, design
for X and decision making.
- Lead a team on system testing strategy, execution and
- Oversee the development of test methods for verification and
- Employ best practices and methodology for systems engineering
across assigned product lines.
- Drive collaboration between functional areas, helping the team
understand product design tradeoffs.
- Develop product requirements in balance with business,
technical, and customer requirements. Identify and monitor system
- Create/recommend alternative system design concepts and
selection criteria which optimize value.
- Guide and perform system test execution and analyze
results.Required Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems engineering methods and
best practices to product development.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, firmware and software
- Experience with requirement and risk management systems.
- Demonstrated success with data analysis and statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a broad spectrum of
individuals, teams, and functions to drive effective collaboration
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to cascade
information, influence decisions, and align team members and
- Candidate needs to be self-motivated and be able to determine
and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, math,
physics or other engineering field.
- 12+ years hands-on experience with design, development,
validation, and installation of complex systems involving the
integration of hardware, software, and firmware.Preferred
- M.S. in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer or other
engineering fields of study.
- Design for six sigma.
- System modeling techniques.
- Experienced with statistical methods and tools. Minitab, JMP,
MatLab, R, Python or equivalent.
- Experience with FDA and ISO 13485 design controls.Work
- Office Environment
- Up to 25% travel may be required to customer sites and
corporate locationsTo protect our employees, partners, and
customers, Omnicell requires most U.S. employees to either be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain approval from Omnicell for an
exemption and accommodation for a medical condition or a
sincerely-held religious belief or practice.
Keywords: Omnicell, Las Vegas , Engineer V, Systems Engineering-Remote, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!