Wholesale Carrier Sales Engineer
Company: Commnet Broadband
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Wholesale Carrier Sales Engineer is the primary technical
resource for the carrier/wholesale sales team developing and
costing network designs. The Wholesale Carrier Sales Engineer is
responsible for actively driving and managing the technology
evaluation stage of the sales process to a successful conclusion.
Working in conjunction with the sales team, the Sales Engineer acts
as the key technical advisor and product advocate for Commnet
wholesale services. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate
the technology and product positioning to both business and
technical users within existing and new accounts. He or she must be
able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the
sales cycle. Working in conjunction with the assigned Account
Manager, the Sales Engineer will conduct a customer needs
assessment and then develop and/or design a communications solution
tailored to meet those customer needs up to and including
developing a proposal or responding to an RFP/RFI. Duties and
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Provide pre-sales technical support to the Commnet sales
- Assist with the tracking of long lead items
- Confirm scope, solution requirements, and required
- Design fiber networks to support both wireless backhaul and
- Ability to itemize and articulate all necessary pricing
components associated with a engineered product
- Ability to understand and adhere to carrier-specific technical
- Conduct and/or Assist with Kick off meetings to begin
- Establish and manage diverse workgroups with competing
interests to a single project schedule with critical milestones
that cannot be missed.
- Ability to respond to functional and technical elements of
- Stay fresh and in tune with market technology and industry
- Ability to leverage and incorporate additional opportunities
(residential / enterprise) as part of a specific design
- Ensure timely delivery of final proposal documents.
- Other reasonable and normal duties associated with network
design or analysis as required Required Qualifications:Competency
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and
- Communication Skills Written & Oral - Must have excellent oral
and written communications skills. Able to succinctly describe
status of business.
- Communication Skills - Successful candidate must have excellent
oral and written communication skills. Position will require
frequent preparation and delivery of detailed plans and proposals.
Strong communication/interpersonal skills with emphasis on
decision- making, conflict management, and team building and
- Project Management - Must have ability to develop work plans,
work effectively as a member of a team, report on status of
projects, and represent the team in meetings and/or with the
- Analysis - Must be able to qualify project and identify project
risk and mitigation factors.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Persuasive - Ability to influence others to change position or
to adopt a specific point of view.
- Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic,
objective, and critical investigation.
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles
and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service,
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to
organize and complete work within given deadline. Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field. Experience:
- Minimum 5 years in the carrier engineering space; specific
experience with fiber design preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience using Microsoft products (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Teams) as well as working
knowledge of mapping tools/software such as Google Earth.
- Experience working within Salesforce preferred.
- Professional-level writing, editing, and word processing
skills. Mastery of the English language in written and spoken form,
including grammar, punctuation, and spelling/diction.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and tasks on a
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interface professionally with diverse workgroups and
- Ability to work a flex schedule if needed to meet project
demands. About the Company:Commnet, based in Castle Rock, Colorado,
is focused on closing the digital divide in Rural America and
Tribal Lands in the Western U.S. Commnet has a long and rich
history of deploying communications in parts of America where there
were no or few options. The Company's initial focus was to bring
basic mobile wireless communications as a Mobile Network Operator,
offering Mobile Wireless and Mobile Lifeline services to remote
customers as well as provide a large roaming footprint for the
customers of all national network operators when they come to visit
and explore the beautiful rural West. Today, Commnet's focus and
vision are now to connect Rural America to broadband communications
in these same areas, deploying fiber middle-mile and distribution
fiber to deliver retail fiber to the home (FTTH) and fixed wireless
broadband services where they are needed most. Commnet is also a
large wholesale provider to local Wireless Internet Service
Providers (WISPs), Incumbent and Competitive Local Exchange
Providers (ILECs/CLECs) as well as a build/operation partner for 5G
mobile Sites for the national Mobile Network Operators. The Company
also brings operational expertise to Tribal and local County and
regional partners, sharing in the cost and operational
responsibilities of running reliable broadband communications, but
doing so with a feel that is familiar to local residents and
businesses. The Commnet mission is simple: to enable (through
partners and carriers) or directly deliver high-quality broadband
communications services to Tribal Communities and Rural America,
driving digital inclusion and providing access to education, work,
healthcare, safety, entertainment, and community
connectivity.Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Compensation Range: $TBD (compensation determined by the
applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market
- Other Compensation: TBD (This role will be eligible to
participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.)
- Benefits: Commnet is proud to offer a comprehensive suite of
benefits to all regular full-time positions (hourly & salaried) to
promote health and financial security for you and your family.
Benefits include health, vision, dental, HSA/FSA, life and
AD&D, short/long term disability coverage, parental leave,
emergency travel assistance, and 401k. All employees also get
access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which includes
services such as 100% confidential counseling, financial
information/resources, legal support, and general wellness
issues.Agencies: All resumes submitted by search firms/employment
agencies to any employee at Commnet Broadband (the Company) via
email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the
sole property of the Company, unless such search firms/employment
agencies were engaged by the Company for this position and a valid
agreement with the Company is in place. In the event a candidate
who was submitted outside of the Company agency engagement process
is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Keywords: Commnet Broadband, Las Vegas , Wholesale Carrier Sales Engineer, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!