Laundry Attendant - Full Time
Company: Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Job Description Summary
The Laundry Attendant (LA) works with the Housekeeping Management
Team to work in the commercial laundry facility, to include
cleaning and storing linens in a timely, organized manner to ensure
that hotel's laundry and linen needs are met. The LA may be
scheduled clean guest rooms and public space areas, in accordance
with brand time, product and placement standards to ensure total
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions
with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T.
- Receive soiled and sort all articles by kind, color and degree
of soil. Inspect all laundry and linens and records all damaged or
- Operate washers and dryers according to hotel standards and
- Monitor laundry supplies and equipment to ensure they are
sufficient and in working order.
- Fold and store clean linens, report damages to supervisor.
- Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to
established standards and procedures including making beds,
dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing
trash, etc. May include cleaning the kitchen area, room
refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishware, etc.
- Notify supervisor when service is completed so rooms may be
sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to
supervisor according to established procedures.
- Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure
corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest
- Minimize waste of supplies and amenities within all areas of
the laundry and housekeeping.
- Handle all lost and found items according to established
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding
health and safety services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Some previous commercial laundry experience preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English is preferred;
other languages beneficial.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical abilities are
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving
about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75
- Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full
application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete
applications received will not be considered.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, Las Vegas , Laundry Attendant - Full Time, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!