Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 25, 2022
US1289 Newport Meat of Nevada, Inc (Desert Meats)
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Up to 50%
This position carries out and achieves a sales plan assigned by the
Sysco Specialty Meat Group (SSMG) company. This individual achieves
maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration with an
assigned territory by effectively selling the company's products.
He/she promote, sell, secures orders from existing and prospective
customers through a relationship approach. This role demonstrates
products and services to existing/potential customers and assists
them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with
current customers and prospective customers in the assigned
territory to generate new business for the Sysco Specialty Meat
Group's (SSMG) products and services.
- Make in-person visits and presentations to existing and
- Taking customer orders with SSMG goals in mind: sales and
- Participate, review and oversee input of orders for customers
via communication with inside sales partners.
- React timely to customer problems and needs.
- Review daily out of stocks, shortages, transportations issues
and implement solutions quickly.
- Review, analyze and react to daily/weekly sales and margin
reports looking for improvement opportunities.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services,
market conditions, competitive activities, trends and who the other
distributors/sales organizations are in your market.
- Participate in Sysco Specialty Meat Group (SSMG) training and
customer events. Participate in Sales meetings held by Sysco Sales
- Develop a relationship with accounts payable (A/P) contact at
- Participate and coordinate communication between them and SSMG
account receivable manager/representative.
- Implement "Ask Early and Often" to control days sales
outstanding ( DSOs) and know signs to know when to say "No Ship or
Cash on Delivery (COD)".
- Update bid files, customer profiles, and customer call sheets
to ensure proper pricing and accuracy of needed items-thus reducing
costly credits and returns.
- High School diploma
- Preferred: 4-year degree in culinary arts, business, marketing,
agriculture/animal science or related studies
- 2-year prior food service and/or sales background strongly
- Deep expertise of meat and seafood category or
restaurant/culinary background with a shown capacity to quickly
learn and apply new knowledge.
- Consultative sales ability.
- Must be self -motivated and accountable for time management
without constant supervisor direction.
- Exhibit strong customer relations skills and a sense of urgency
in meeting customer needs.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Approach to building relationships with
- Time and customer management.
- Customer pricing.
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other
individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals
- Sales strategy.
- Contract pricing and customer pricing.
- Authorizing credits and returns.
- Sales VP, Director, or Manager
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Las Vegas , Sales Consultant, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!