Company: TLC Casino Enterprises Inc./ DBA: Four Queens
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*POSITION PURPOSE: *
Room Chef responsibility is to direct / support and enforce all
tasks given by the Executive Chef. Responsible to oversee a
specific shift of Culinary and Sanitation department team members.
Oversees the performance and coordination of all work done by these
members for the specific shift. Ensures proper service standards
are used in all internal and external guest experiences. Ensures
all food and beverage outlet operations are up to Clark County
Health Department standards.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: *
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds of product and push up to 250
pounds in or on a cart.
* Must be able to go from extreme temperature of -10\* to 120\* at
any given time.
* Position requires the physical ability to stand for long periods
at a time. Walk frequently, stoop, bend or reach to a height of 6
* This position requires normal / corrective vision ranges and the
absence of color blindness enabling the individual to perform or
instruct the tasks required.
* This position requires good eye to hand coordination enabling the
individual to perform or instruct the tasks required.
* This position requires normal sense of smell, taste, touch and
sound enabling the individual to perform or instruct the tasks
* Ability to read, speak and communicate effectively.
* Working knowledge of Southern Nevada Health Codes
* Must be able to handle a flexable schedule.
* Ability to saut--, broil and follows specific recipes and methods
* Ability to oversee kitchen operations in the absence of chef
ensuring guest service is not effected.
* Complete knowledge of the basic mother sauces, procedures on
production of sauces and ingredients used in sauces.
* Knowledge of quality food products and uses of storage to ensure
quality is maintained to standards.
*SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: *
* Valid work cards are to be on you and your Team Members at all
times during your shift.
* Must conduct yourself in a manner that reflects a positive,
* Practice and observe all safety rules and regulations and ensure
members reporting to you do as well.
* Ensure all areas that are overseen by you are to Clark County
Health code standards.
* Must maintain a professional personal grooming and uniform
standard per your position.
* Have complete knowledge of MSDS booklet and locations.
* Displays knowledge of all emergency proceedures.
* Responsible for handling any Team Member or Guest concerns or
opportunities in english written or verbal form.
* Evaluates and oversees job performance of all Team Members.
* Sets specific schedules and job duties as well as maintaines Team
Members hours for proper staffing levels as defined through
* Treats all members of the staff with care, dignity, fairness,
respect and recognation as well as maintaining an open door policy
* Must work productively with direct / indirect supervisors and
* Displays and encourages teamwork with in the departments.
* Coaches and counsels those individuals not meeting standards.
Understands the steps of progressive disiplinary actions.
* Ensures all Binion's and Culinary Union policies and proceedures
are adhered to by all Team Members.
* Must attend all meetings deemed necessary by the Executive
Management, General Manager, Human Resources, Director of Food and
Beverage and Executive Chef.
* Computer knowledge to include Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and
Power Point. Presentations.
* Knowledge of Stratten Warren ordering system
* Regular attendance to conform to the standards of the hotel.
* Must follow and execute hotel rules and regulations in a fair and
consistent manner. 21. Communicates with department supervisors and
members of the staff to ensure smooth transitions of shifts and
*QUALIFICATION STANDARDS: *
*Experience: *Mininium 1 years experience as an Assistant Room Chef
or Room Chef of a hotel operation.
*Licenses or Certificates: *
Ability to obtain all government / county required licenses or
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $42,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Casual dining restaurant
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
* Culinary experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: TLC Casino Enterprises Inc./ DBA: Four Queens, Las Vegas , Area Chef, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!