Upper School English Teacher - Immediate
Company: The Meadows School
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Upper School English Teacher*
The Meadows School is seeking a dynamic, creative, experienced
English teacher for immediate hire. The Meadows School educates
approximately 930 students per year in grades preK-12. The 40-acre
campus houses over 240,000 square feet of state-of-the-art
facilities. Since the first graduating class in 1991, 100% of
Meadows graduates have been accepted into four-year colleges and
Reporting to and evaluated by both the English Department Chair and
the Upper School Director, the English teacher creates a flexible
High School age program based on the subject matter taught. The
ideal candidate will also create a class environment favorable to
learning and personal growth; establish effective rapport with
students; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and
knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for preparation for
college in accordance with each student's ability; and establish
good relationships with parents and with other faculty and staff
* Minimum of a Master's degree from an accredited institution in
fields of study related to English or English Education.
* Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in grades 6-12 in the
subjects to be taught.
* Experience in curriculum development.
* Clear, consistent and respectful communicator with excellent
written and verbal communication and listening skills, as well as a
demonstrated ability to problem solve and collaborate.
* Efficient time management and the ability to take on many tasks
at once and prioritize them by importance and relevance.
* Good at problem-solving quickly under pressure and outstanding
critical thinking abilities.
* Strong organizational and classroom management skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Google platforms (Google
Docs, Sheets, Presentations, etc.) as well as experience with a
Learning Management System (LMS) like Blackboard, Canvas, or other
online course management, assignment-posting systems.
* Upstanding ethics and integrity.
* A passion for learning and sharing your knowledge with
* A deep respect for, and ability to articulate, the mission and
core values of The Meadows School and commitment to academic
excellence in an independent school education, along with the
Board's and Head's vision on the strategic direction of the
* Must pass a background check.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
* Cultivate a passion for knowledge among students and engage them
* Foster a growth mindset in students by encouraging curiosity and
* Help set clearly articulated student goals and work with the
class to help them attain these goals.
* Foster a classroom environment where all students feel safe,
welcomed, respected, and heard.
* Keep an organized and orderly classroom that promotes creativity
* Plan curriculum for the school year that aligns with relevant
content and skills in the subject of the courses taught.
* Create and prepare daily lesson plans for appropriate age and
learning skill level, adjusting when needed.
* Create and use instructional material for classroom use.
* Lead daily lesson plans, teaching the intended subject matter,
and answering any questions the students may have.
* Ensure students are attending and participating in class.
* Assign a variety of thoughtful and meaningful work by means of
in-class worksheets, projects, homework, presentations, reports,
etc., that measures clearly defined learning objectives tied to the
overall goals and objectives of each class.
* Assess performance by giving feedback, grading work and providing
assessments in a caring, thoughtful, and timely manner.
* Keep grading records and submit at end of each quarter and
* Help students one-on-one who need extra assistance.
* Enforce administration and school-wide policies as well as set
and maintain clearly articulated classroom rules and
* Participate in department, school, and parent meetings.
* Communicate necessary information regularly to students,
colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student
* Serve as an advisor to a cohort of students and mentor them
through the Meadows School Advisory program.
* Be active in the school community by serving on committees,
participating in day-time school activities, and mentoring
* Regularly attend school events such as athletic competitions,
graduation, and arts programs.
* Continually seek improvement in teaching practices by regularly
engaging in meaningful and relevant professional development in his
or her field of study/taught courses.
* Work collaboratively with the English Department, under the
guidance of the English Department Chair and the Upper School
Director, to develop and maintain a cohesive and skills-based
program that fosters student growth and development in English.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Upper School
*The Meadows School offers a robust benefits package that includes:
* Medical - Choice of either PPO or HMO coverage for employee at no
cost. Spouse and family coverage available at TMS group rates
* Dental - Coverage for employee at no cost. Spouse and family
coverage available at TMS group rates
* Vision--Employee, spouse, and family coverage at TMS group
* Life - $45,000 policy for each employee at no cost
* Retirement - In our non-contributory plan, TMS contributes 8% of
employee base salary amount monthly. Employee is fully vested and
has 100% ownership of all contributions. Additional employee
contributions are allowed but not required. (Percentage of base
salary increases to 9% after 7 yrs of service and 10% after 12
years of service)
* Tuition Remission -- children of faculty receive a 50% tuition
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: The Meadows School, Las Vegas , Upper School English Teacher - Immediate, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!