Company: Tuscany Suites and Casino
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Casino Porter Supervisor
- Supervise department functions on a shift basis.
- Ensure adherence to guest services standards within established
departmental policies and procedures. Be well informed with
Covid-19 policies and Procedures put in place by OSHA and
- Provide a positive, empowering, and productive work environment
through setting an example and consistency of daily work habits and
- Maintain all departmental assets including equipment repairs
and maintenance and ensure all departmental areas (FOH and BOH) are
maintained, clean, and organized.
- Instruct new hires and employees on the expectations and
responsibilities for each role.
- Accept full responsibility for the department in the absence of
the Shift Manager.
- Proactively greet, interact, and assist resort staff in a
professional manner to foster and promote a cooperative and
harmonious work environment, thank them when they lend
- Respond to and resolve guest and/or employee complaints in a
timely manner and creatively solve problems with the ability to
anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and resolve potential
- Support and follow company policies, legal requirements.
- Provide the direction for a positive, empowering work
environment by setting the example and consistency of day to day
- Manage all department functions including short and long term
planning, as well as day-to-day operations.
- Conduct performance evaluations in accordance with property and
company guidelines, and maintain employee files.
- Properly utilize performance feedback, recognition, training,
and adherence to company policies, legal requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of department affairs.
- Provide input into and execute strategic plans. -
- Participate in the research, development, evaluation, and
implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes
to ensure a competitive position in anticipation of changing
guest's needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming
- Maintain the integrity of -a property wide inspection program
on a regular basis.
- Maintain effective communications with all -hotel operational
departments to effectively resolve situations impacting guest
service or malfunctions of departmental equipment.
- Operate smooth, efficient, cost effective operation; including
labor management, supervision of all aspects of services and
inventory control. -
- Ensure projects are effectively implemented and meets
- Evaluate staffing levels in accordance with business demand,
providing recommendations for adjustments whenever possible and
monitors compliance of full time equivalents (FTEs) per department
- Mentor and Develop Supervisory staff in regards to leadership,
consistency, training, writing skills, and overall departmental
standards and policies.
- Supervise employees to ensure they are alert to all their
duties and adhere to Company policies and procedures regarding
safety, health and welfare of the guest and the property.
- Responsible for properly executing all requests made by VIP
Services, Executives, etc.
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities which include: creating
a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback,
recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction. -
- Participate in quality hiring, staff training and processes
that encompass the Company's diversity commitment
- Work closely with supervisory and managerial staff to develop
overall skills and growth.
- Analyze data and reports generated by the property and Company
to ensure proper execution of services, distribution of
departmental reports and accuracy.
- Own all requests and complaints; resolve issues immediately and
follow up to ensure the guest's satisfaction.
- Be knowledgeable of Hotel information to answer guest
- Identify and report defects throughout the Hotel; notify
supervisors immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or
processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Participate in the property's sustainability initiative through
energy conservation and the use of recycling programs and
- Ensure Hotel property and equipment is properly used and
maintained, including telephone and computers.
- Other related duties as necessary. - -JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- At least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- At least two (2) years previous experience in Housekeeping, EVS
or similar environment.
- Experience managing a workforce of over 10 employees.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, supplies, and chemicals
- Ability to understand process development.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, in both
written and oral forms.Preferred:
- Familiarity with Green Initiatives and/or LEED programs.
- Previous experience working in a -similar resort setting.
- Previous experience managing employees -
Keywords: Tuscany Suites and Casino, Las Vegas , EVS Supervisor, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!